Hair extensions falling out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtina

Reaction score
Hi I need some advice I do fusion bonds I trained with studio 58 I used there hair to begin with and had no problems I then switched to another supplier and recently I have been receiving texts to say one girl lost 20 bonds in two weeks and then another lost 35 in 7 weeks...I really not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it's the hair from the new supplier? The first girl I done after training lost 5 bonds in 6 months and wanted a new set fitted so this is confusing me. Any advice would be helpful

How were they fitted? Is it just the supplier thats changed, nothing else?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

With the heat connector as usual yeah Just the supplier nothing else fitted tools all the same. Do you do fusion bonds? Can I ask who your supplier is? Xx

Bit of everybody at the mo to suit budget/quality/hair type, its hard keeping up sometimes :) transform are decent, couple of ranges, small colour ring thou.

Who did you move to? Is the keratin the same, italian do you know? Did it feel different to work with? Stiffer or melted quicker/stringy?

Moved to angel remy as I read reviews on here. I felt some where not the full 0.8g, the tips where too long so had to be cut down a bit. I am now paranoid to do bonds as I hate receiving a call to say there are loads lost :-(

And the keratin was more stringy

Ive never used ar, but lots on here have so im sure you'll find an answer soon, possibly the bond, being different, needed a different setting on your tool, too hot it fried or too cool it didnt fully melt perhaps?

Im sure someone will be along in a bit with a different suggestion too x

Thanks I actually was thinking it could be my heat connector, can I ask what one you use? As mines only has one setting

Thanks for your help :)

I use to use the pink loof that is just too small arms on it no hear setting. I found I had to hold this longer on the bonds and a few clients were losing them. Went back to the black chunky one with heat settings and there all fine again !

That's the one I use. I was thinking that could be the problem where did you buy that black one from?

I use AR and never had this issue? I cut the bonds right down to fit inside the connector - are you heating for long enough?

I found that I need to hold the connector on the bond longer with angel remy. I used a colleagues connector and it was quite old and not hot enough x

Sent from the catphone

I hold it down until it bubbles as I was told? I might invest in a new heat connector just incase it's that?

Sorry meant to say I also cut them down to fit in thought that might have been the problem! But not if you do that aswel x

That's the one I use. I was thinking that could be the problem where did you buy that black one from?

I got it on my training course Hun but I've seen them on eBay. They go
Up to 210 degrees I think. The pink thinner one doesn't seem to get as hot and I think (might be wrong) if
You hold the heat on too long the keratin seems to disintegrate so really there isn't enough glue on the extension to keep it in place. I could be completely talking garbage but since I've
Gone back to the bulkier black one I've not had a single issue xx

Yeah my colleagues were the thin pink ones. Don't seem to get as hot. I invested in 3 lots so I always have a back up x

Sent from the catphone

Thanks for your help guy much appreciated xx

I had the same issue. I found that the angel remy bonds are hard to manage and quite long. Its a shame though as I love their I tips. Switched to Transform for nail tips which are so much easier so I save time fitting too

I love the hair. Is transform hair just as good? Xx

I would have said they last the same amount of time. Transform are 1g strands though were angel remy are 0.8

Latest posts

Back