Hair Extensions Help- How many bonds per weft?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaneRussell

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Hoping someone can help me with this? I have now started to make my own 'pre bonded' strands of hair ready to use when i do fusion method extensions.

I am going to place an order with Extensionize for weft hair which I will be turning into the bonded strands, however, I was wondering if someone can advise me approximately how many strands you get per weft?

I know wefts come in different lengths so perhaps how many strands per X amount of weft? I am asking as don't want to order too little hair before I do my next full head!

Any help appreciated!

Jane

Do you mean eg - Balmains double hair where you pull hair through sections of the weft & bond in place?
If so then the easiest way to work it out is how many clips would you use for the section if it were clip in hair? That would be the same amount of bonds per strip. Hope that helps. Did i make sence with that explanation :lol:

Edit - After reading again i think ive read that wrong. Correct me but are you asking how many wefts to order to enable you to cut it up & make individual pre bonded extensions from it?
If so just ask Extensionize or order a full heads worth & you will have plenty spare hair in stock.

Last edited:
Usually you can expect to recieve approx 150 bonds per weft of hair, depending of course on how thick you make each strand. :)

xx

Hey!

Thats a difficult one to say because it depends on how large your bonds are...
Balmain sized bonds you would get 150 strands from a 100g hair weft at 18".
Really need to have a trial run on that one.

Regards

Hi I normally get about 140 bonds from a 4oz bag of hair.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi

Well you've all given me an approx amount which is very useful!

I spoke to Extensionize about this already but wondered what other peoples experience has been when making pre bonded strands from a weft- ie how many bonds

I can see how its not an exact thing- hadn't even factored in the strands being different sizes depending who made them! Doh!

Thanks for your help!

i make my pre-bonded strands approx 1g per strand so from a 100g weft, i get about 100 strands

If I were wanting to make individual strans from a weft - how do you set up the top to be used with beads? or can you? Advice?

Latest posts

Back