Hair extensions help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no guys it's my friend! What will I do? As far as I'm aware she's done all the training! I've heard her order from Cinderella and get packages from them. Please say you have to do their training to buy from them?

Oh no guys it's my friend! What will I do? As far as I'm aware she's done all the training! I've heard her order from Cinderella and get packages from them. Please say you have to do their training to buy from them?

Those bonds are too big, looks like not been sectioned properly and it may be the light as i am looking on my phone but is your scalp red/sore?

It was sore the first couple of days but lately it's been itchy and a few spots have came up. Don't know why that is? It's been in for about a month. I'm due to get my hair coloured next saturday so it probably doesn't look it's best just now. The ends are really split too and I think it needs to come out or be redone? This is my friend and neighbour and apart from extensions i'm happy so going to someone else isn't a option. Should I just take them out? Thanks so much hair geeks. X

I'd ask whoever pit them in to take them out rather than do it yourself, just say you fancy a change for a while if you don't want to offend her as she's a friend, x

I wouldn't take them out myself. I'll see what she says next sat. Thanks guys. X

It was sore the first couple of days but lately it's been itchy and a few spots have came up. Don't know why that is? It's been in for about a month. I'm due to get my hair coloured next saturday so it probably doesn't look it's best just now. The ends are really split too and I think it needs to come out or be redone? This is my friend and neighbour and apart from extensions i'm happy so going to someone else isn't a option. Should I just take them out? Thanks so much hair geeks. X

The sore spots are caused because the hair had either been applied to close to the scalp, or the sections have been taken uneavenly. This will cause the hair to pull and most probably rip out at the root. ( I don't want you to quote me as I am going by what you are saying and the picture, don't want to critizise someone else's work, just trying to help)

That is the bad news, the good news is that although it is likely to have damaged your hair, 7 weeks is not TOO bad an if you get them out soon that would be much better. The longer they are kept in and hair keeps pulling the increased chances of your hair thinning over time which of course you don't want

The thing I would be most concerned about is the removal in my opinion is as important as te fitting themselves as this is where hair can be damaged if not done correctly so don't be afraid to go to another reputable salon for removal / Cinderella should give you details of local suppliers I would imagine - better be safe than damage your hair

Hth

I think you need these taken out asap, make sure they are removed by a professional x

I agree, these need to be removed....the sectioning isn't right, the strands look far too heavy and look like they are pulling on your scalp and the bonds are huge. Have them removed asap by a professional.

This looks really odd to me on many levels! First of all bonds are really big, second of all the sections are huge (some) and uneven. It looks very messy to have been in just one month from what I see as it looks matted and they look quite far down like after more 2-3 months. Your scalp also looks sore! Are you sure these extensions are Cinderella hair? Did you see the packets?

Unfortunately with hair extensions there are lots of cowboys trying to cop us out as most people are quite clueless about extension hair quality and correct practice so they don't know why to expect. My advice to everyone is do your research and for you it would be to go back to her and let her take them out and be honest with her! I always tell my clients I'd rather them come to me so that I can learn and correct mistakes rather than lie to me or go somewhere else. Don't try to take them out yourself!

Hi guys, I've spoken to her and i'm getting them taken out on sat. I just said they were too itchy and she just said she was the same when she had them in. Thanks loads for all ur help. Fingers crossed my hair is ok on sat! X

Ok guys my extensions are out! I took them out by myself (don't go mad!) because they were pouring asetone on the owners hair to get hers out! I've since been back though and had it trimmed and coloured and it's looking good. I'll stick to that from now on! Thanks so much for all your help. X

acetone is comonly used to remove hair extensions

I used asetone too but they were pouring it on and her scalp was bleeding!

I did my training with Cinderella.
1) £180 for half a head is too cheap, that will just about cover the hair. Are you SURE it was Cinderella hair?
2) These bonds are all over the shop. They are far too big (especially for Cinderella Pre Bonded....) And they havent been rolled correctly to completely encase the natural hair.
3) Yes you have to train with Cinderella to buy from them - but I know for a fact that they are massive about aftercare, and will not guarantee the hair unless you use THEIR aftercare.....Odd that you wernt advised about this...
4) My personal opinion is to get them out a.s.a.p. I understand this is your friend and makes for a tricky situation - BUT this is YOUR hair, so I really think youre going to have to man up and be honest with her.
5) You can only remove Cinderella bonds with the Cinderella remover. Acetone wont touch it. If acetone removes those bonds - Theyre not Cinderella!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there, and Im sure a few weeks havent caused massive problems, but bad extensions give ALL extensions a bad name, so so if I'm a bit "naggy" :|

xxx

Yes I was also going to say you can only remove Cinderella with their own remover,what did you remove them with your self ,

Please don't lat this put you off having extensions again :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Mmmm this is interesting! I removed them with asetone no problem! And this is how they remove them in the shop!
As for price it's normally £360 for a 1/2 head and £720 for a full head but she has a 1/2 price offer on just now.
So glad I didn't pay full price!
Yes this has put me off. It was just way too itchy!
X

Mmmm this is interesting! I removed them with asetone no problem! And this is how they remove them in the shop!
As for price it's normally £360 for a 1/2 head and £720 for a full head but she has a 1/2 price offer on just now.
So glad I didn't pay full price!
Yes this has put me off. It was just way too itchy!
X

Dont let it put you off extensions. Good ones done well are great. But you get what you pay for. Their "usual" prices sound about right, but I think their offer may be a bit iffy. It wasnt Cinderella hair I'm sorry to say.
Ive had extensions for 2 years (until last week!!) and Ive had no problem
xxx

Mmmm indeed ,my friend does Cinderella and she has tryed acetone and says it didn't work ,but I will test it for myself because I have one of her customers waiting to book a removal with me when she gets her shifts ,i bought Cinderella remover for her but will try acetone and in going to try Orange oil too :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back