Hair extensions help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollyhe

Reaction score
Hi pls help me somebody I recently qualified in celebrity la weave and other methods of hair extensions and I have had to remove 2 sets of celebrity weave as clients had puss like spots on ther scalp and really irrated had them in 3 weeks. At first I thought must be a reaction to micro rings but this client wear costume jewellery daily and saI'd it's never bothered her before?? I contacted who I trained with today sent pics and because client purchased ther own hair they saying they cant advise me wat it could be from ! !?!? I'm so peed off as I'm not saying there's a problem with the hair extensions I'm thinking have I done them too tight not enough hair in ring ect? Can anybody pls help?

Your training provider should have gone over all contraindications and trouble shooting problems with u
Did u test her with a micro ring in her hair before u fitted? She may wear costume jewellery daily doesn't mean that a micro ring wouldn't irritate her,
I find the la weave or any other weave can be itchy she maybe have been scratching her head! U need to have her in check the sections that they are all straight, personally u need to remove it all wait until her head is healed, then test her with a micro ring . If all ok reapply the hair it could be her the hair if the hair is rubbish xxxx

Realistically its not going to be a problem with the hair, differing from a brand of hair they recommend to you on your course isn't going to cause puss like spots. The training company should be helping you out here with advice, they don't sound too helpful! do you ask on your consultation forms if they have any metal allergies? you need to know this before commencing with any type of beaded application. It may well be there is too little hair taken through the rings or that its stitched on too tight, although the weave does start to slacken pretty quickly so my guess would be too little hair. Could you post pictures here so we can have a look?

Realistically its not going to be a problem with the hair, differing from a brand of hair they recommend to you on your course isn't going to cause puss like spots. The training company should be helping you out here with advice, they don't sound too helpful! do you ask on your consultation forms if they have any metal allergies? you need to know this before commencing with any type of beaded application. It may well be there is too little hair taken through the rings or that its stitched on too tight, although the weave does start to slacken pretty quickly so my guess would be too little hair. Could you post pictures here so we can have a look?
Your training provider should have gone over all contraindications and trouble shooting problems with u
Did u test her with a micro ring in her hair before u fitted? She may wear costume jewellery daily doesn't mean that a micro ring wouldn't irritate her,
I find the la weave or any other weave can be itchy she maybe have been scratching her head! U need to have her in check the sections that they are all straight, personally u need to remove it all wait until her head is healed, then test her with a micro ring . If all ok reapply the hair it could be her the hair if the hair is rubbish xxxx
Hi I did consultation asked about any allergies ect to nickle ect. It's my niece she absolutely loved her hair and praised it to evrybody. She felt fine just little itchy which weave can be anyway but not extremely itchy wen she washed her hair and felt she found bumps like spots and wen she checked it they looked like puss filled spots sorry I know sounds gross. I said I can remove them as she said it was irratateing her as I suppose she new they wer there then and she didn't wanna get an infection. I'm so angry with who I trained with there not helping me at all really really regret going with them now I was told if I had any problems or query to watsapp them and they would get back to me and I had lifetime support from them!

Hi I did consultation asked about any allergies ect to nickle ect. It's my niece she absolutely loved her hair and praised it to evrybody. She felt fine just little itchy which weave can be anyway but not extremely itchy wen she washed her hair and felt she found bumps like spots and wen she checked it they looked like puss filled spots sorry I know sounds gross. I said I can remove them as she said it was irratateing her as I suppose she new they wer there then and she didn't wanna get an infection. I'm so angry with who I trained with there not helping me at all really really regret going with them now I was told if I had any problems or query to watsapp them and they would get back to me and I had lifetime support from them!

Attachments

• IMG-20170212-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170212-WA0001.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 136
I'm attaching pics now of it completed and pics of spots

That definitely looks like an allergy- can I ask what rings you used as most are copper lined- also your training school sounds awful, they should at least help or offer advice? Who did you train with? Xx

Silicone lined rings I used. Apparently u can buy nickle free rings anybody no wer? And o trained with belle

Awe I thought most of them were nickel free now, I've learnt something new!

I think perhaps they were too tight. That can cause bumps on the head same as the sew in weaves if they're too tight. Test one ring on her if no reaction re apply but looser maybe?

Looks like the rings are too tight to me. They should lie flat and yours are sticking out a little bit. So when you add the hair, the weight puts extra strain on the rings and pulls the hairs too tight. The result is often those little bumps. I'd say remove the whole lot and refit so the rings lie flatter to the head and are a fraction less tight.

I would try tape method with this customer, and just make sure they are not too tight

I think perhaps they were too tight. That can cause bumps on the head same as the sew in weaves if they're too tight. Test one ring on her if no reaction re apply but looser maybe?
Hi wen ur saying too tight do u mean I have clamped too tight or too close to root?

They have actually got me on ther main page of advertising saying how good it is lol but they can't reply back to me and advise me stupid idiots have got me so mad

Have u asked her if she's fully drying the weave? That might cause it if she's not drying the weave properly or rinsing the shampoo out properly?? Xx

It looks like they are too tight. The rings need to be flowing down with the hair but they are sticking out.
There isn't enough room for movement.
I would refit and make sure there is atleast 1cm between the root and ring so it doesnt cause tension and irritate the client.

Hi pls help me somebody I recently qualified in celebrity la weave and other methods of hair extensions and I have had to remove 2 sets of celebrity weave as clients had puss like spots on ther scalp and really irrated had them in 3 weeks. At first I thought must be a reaction to micro rings but this client wear costume jewellery daily and saI'd it's never bothered her before?? I contacted who I trained with today sent pics and because client purchased ther own hair they saying they cant advise me wat it could be from ! !?!? I'm so peed off as I'm not saying there's a problem with the hair extensions I'm thinking have I done them too tight not enough hair in ring ect? Can anybody pls help?

Maybe the micro-rings are too tight to the scalp? This can cause the hair to pull which will cause the scalp to become sore and inflamed. Hope this helped :)

Latest posts

Back