Hair extensions - is this normal???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allieXayrshire

Reaction score
hi
i had micro loop hair extensions put in on monday and last night they start6ed to get really itchy. then one fell out then i noticed another sitting loose in my hair and then this morning when i washed them for the first time another came out. is this normal?xx

hi
i had micro loop hair extensions put in on monday and last night they start6ed to get really itchy. then one fell out then i noticed another sitting loose in my hair and then this morning when i washed them for the first time another came out. is this normal?xx

Hi did she give you an aftercare sheet ? did she tell you how to care for them and how to wash them ?
shampoo must be diluted and poured over evenly , also the water has to flow downwards in the shower ? never tip your hair over the bath as it can put stress on the natural hair and the bonds and can cause tension spot soreness and hair matting

yes its normal to loose a few at first but there will have been loads put in to compensate ,
so dont worry ,
just save them for your when you have maintenence done they will usually put back in for you at this appointment ,
also the itching should soon settle down....but if they are constantly itching you or become swollen or sore , do give her/him a ring ,
here is an after care link :hug: minky x

http://www.salongeek.com/hair-tutorials/72256-hair-extension-aftercare.html

thanks for your reply. now on day 4 (going on 5) and the extensions are driving me mad!! they are fone down but soon as i tie them up the awful itching starts. can anyone suggest anything to stop the itching and does it go away?xx

They really shouldn't be itching like that. Your extensionist needs to take a look at them and check them over. The initial tightness should have worn off by now and you shouldn't be aware of them at all. There could also be too much hair in there and the heat is making you itch. Call your extionist and let them sort it out for you

you can purchase an anti itch spray from paks cosmetics it works brilliantly and I put these in my aftercare kits, its used for braids mainly but its great for hair extensions aswell.

www.pakcosmetics.com

Anti itch braid spray

Get your hair extensionist to check them out as it could be a number of things that are making your head itch.

Last edited:
Ask them to check the bonds....if you have hair poking out of the top of the bonds this will itch like mad when you have the hair up.....

As far as losing bonds: sometimes they dont attach the bonds to enough strands of hair thus making them loose...

Latest posts

Back