Hair extensions matting at the hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair_addict_extensions

Reaction score
Hey I need some advice, one of my regular clients went the hairdressers yesterday with 150g of micro ring extensions in had a colour done & washed off at the back wash & when they came to blow dry it the extensions where really badly matted! I don't think it's the hair & neither does she as the hair was absolutely fine before she went in. I told the hairdressers to send her back to me & after 2hrs of trying to untangle the matting it just wasn't salvageable, luckily her own her had not tangle into the matted mess & where easily removed & I'm going to give her a discount on a new set as I don't really want to lose her as a client & her be at a total loss! I know she really likes the way they colour her hair & doesn't want to find a new hairdressers nor does she want to be without her extensions, she did mention that when they washed her hair they gave the extensions a good scrub. Any advice on how to advise her on having her hair coloured at the hairdressers in future? I know the hair had reached it's expected lifespan but she could have got more from it as it's never happened washing it herself

It's the "good scrub" that did it, it's typical behaviour from someone who dosent know the importance of keeping the hair laying in the right direction whilst shampooing, was it a junior did the shampoo? I always supervise the shampoo or do it myself, I would suggest it could be because of the colour service but I think it's much more likely they tangled because of the shampooing technique. For the future just make sure the shampooer is supervised and understands extensions and the implications of scrubbing them

I thoughts that's what it would be, I don't really even scrub my own just the top & let the shampoo run down into the extensions, & yes I'm pretty sure it was a junior. I'll let them know for future, she was absolutely devastated.

It's the "good scrub" that did it, it's typical behaviour from someone who dosent know the importance of keeping the hair laying in the right direction whilst shampooing, was it a junior did the shampoo? I always supervise the shampoo or do it myself, I would suggest it could be because of the colour service but I think it's much more likely they tangled because of the shampooing technique. For the future just make sure the shampooer is supervised and understands extensions and the implications of scrubbing them

We have had similar happens, which is very scary when you infom your clients your not having a lovely curl blow, i willl have to remove your £200 extension luckliy she was debating on removal !!!....... but they were not scrubbed, they were washed by an experience stylist the client had previous washed her hair around 1 1\2 weeks previous....
She had beauty works micro weft in, that our salon put in and have maintain them so far......
i am on here to shed some light !!!
i have emailed beauty works and they give us an outline there after care was exactly what we had been doing .....
I can only thinK it was the ingredient in the shampoo ......

U work with the op do you?

U work with the op do you?

I think she is saying that she had a similar issue and is offering her experience. And agreeing with you! 😃

Latest posts

Back