Hair extensions while pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bliss1

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I've been doing hair extensions for roughly 12 years but this has just came up.
I've got a pregnant client that wants them my instincts are telling me no but I really would like to give her the reason why
Thought I'd ask you lovely geeks out there
X

I was told pregnant is ok at there own risk but post pregnant is a no for 6 months or untill the hair has returned to a normal amount of shedding :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Hi yes it's worse after pregnancy but I still don't do them when client is pregnant due to hormone changes etc

Hi folks,
I've been doing hair extensions for roughly 12 years but this has just came up.
I've got a pregnant client that wants them my instincts are telling me no but I really would like to give her the reason why
Thought I'd ask you lovely geeks out there
X

The body has a higher lvl of a perticular hormone while pregnant which stops ladies shedding hair, hence that fact that often ladies hair looks very thick and lush while pregnant - post pregnancy this hormone returns to normal and ladies can shed a greater amount of hair hence why often ladies complain of thinning post pregs.
Its a concern that the added weight of extensions post pregs can increase this hair shedding - this is why its not reccomended.

I've had a few clients who have worn extensions while pregnant but always advised to have them removed in last 3months of pregnancy x

Thanks guys I've decided after a bit of googling info not to do it.
My gut feeling is not good about it so after all these years I've learnt not 2 do something that im not sure would be good for them
X

I was told no during pregnancy and for 12 month after xx

Latest posts

Back