Hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadebelcher

Reaction score
Hi wonder if anyone can help!!

I have had some hair extensions put in It is Cinderella hair and single bonds, i had it done 2 weeks ago and in the first 2 weeks 2 of the bonds have fallen out, i went back to the lady that did them on sunday and she resealed the bonds and its now wednesday and 2 more have fallen out.

is it possible that my hair wont take the extensions or is it that they have not been fitted properly?

hope someone can help before i go and shove the bonds that have fallen out where the sun dont shine!!

cheers

Jade:irked:

Hi , could you tell us a little more about them and what method she used applying them ? eg were the extensions already bonded with glue or did she put glue on the extension ? also did you get an after care leaflet ? :hug: x

Hi,

Its quite normal to lose 5-10 bonds in the first few weeks. This can happen for a number of reasons but normally comes down to 3.

The acrylic/wax bond was not heated enough
The bond was not polished correctly
A bulid up of oils, dampness or products in the hair

The first two can be common when putting in a whole head of individual bonds as it is a huge amount to be puting in (100-200 depending on thickness)
The last is if you are not washing you hair frequently (I recommend every other day with ext ) this causes a build up of oils. If you are excessively sweating (menopause, medication) or using incorrect products that have fruitacids or oils in them. Not drying your hair fully and not rinsing the shampoo out fully.

What do the bonds look like? Are the edges lifting from the hair. Are they white and crumbling or solid with a cylindrical space in the centre?

The worst culprit of all......is clients picking! lol :lol:

Hi thanks for replying thats more than i can get from the woman who fitted the extensions!!!

As far as i know she added the glue to the extensions before fitting them, she had a glue gun with her but was working behind me so i couldnt see everything she was doing.

I did get an after care leaflet and have followed it.

the bonds are solid with a cylindrical space on the centre.

4 bonds have now fallen out and they seem to slip down the hair and then come out.

Am i wrong to be getting the hump about this and getting stroppy with her?

Cheers

Jade

Just seen this on her website....

This hair is not sold in shops as it is exclusive to Highly trained Salons. * The pre-bonded hair extensions have a protein-moulded bond (PMB). The advantages of the PMB is that after washing, the bonds do not go soggy or soft, and they stay in their original form up until the time they are ready to be removed.

dont know if that will help ?

Just seen this on her website....

This hair is not sold in shops as it is exclusive to Highly trained Salons. * The pre-bonded hair extensions have a protein-moulded bond (PMB). The advantages of the PMB is that after washing, the bonds do not go soggy or soft, and they stay in their original form up until the time they are ready to be removed.

dont know if that will help ?

Hi I dont understand this as pre bonded hair means it already has the glue on it so therefore it just needs melting into the hair by a little heater that looks like sort of like a crabs claw shape and no glue is required at all.

These are the type of hair extensions I do and then they just need rolling with your fingertips after heating
and as Sophuticutz says sometimes polishing off

if she put glue on the extension and then popped it into your hair and rolled it with a white small sheet ,

Then this isnt what I'd call pre bonded
its more like the bonded as you go along type .
this type of hair can shed a little more individual hairs than the other type

Tammy from Leicester may be able to help you more , I would pm her as she does all different types :hug:

i had hair extensions - and boy i wished i hadnt

i had lovely thick hair before hand - but by god by the time they came out ( about 3 months later) i had bald patches all over my head - and my hair was soooo thin - dont get me wrong - they looked fab, and no one would know they were extensions - but.................i would never have the again - not even if you paid ME

i had lovely thick hair before hand - but by god by the time they came out ( about 3 months later) i had bald patches all over my head - and my hair was soooo thin - dont get me wrong - they looked fab, and no one would know they were extensions - but.................i would never have the again - not even if you paid ME

Hi Peterpan there can be a few reasons for this all of it to do with putting stress on the hair roots eg;

The maximum length of hair extensions is only ever supposed to be double the natural hair length,
this is so that there is not too much weight pulling at the roots of the extensions
and also so there is plenty of natural hair to support the extension hair.

The piece's of extension hair that you are going to bond to the natural hair
should always be of the same thickness as each other,
because if the extension hair is bonded to the natural hair and it is too thin of a piece,
it will not support the extension hair and it will pull at the roots causing traction alopecia
leaving the extensions hanging by a single hair or two

Also the actual application techniques if not placed in properly through lack of training can also put stress on the roots

aftercare is paramount with hair extensions

I had a client and no matter how much I told her , she kept putting curls in her extension hair
the ones that you pull through straighteners , ouch :irked:
and she was pulling them through without holding the hair extensions at the roots :eek:

The extensions are supposed to be held with a hand on them to support the roots even if you are just brushing the hair otherwise traction alopecia can then occur if it is abused by overly pulling the hair ,
or at least some amount of thinning will occur .

there are also some certain factors that a hair extension artist will need to know about their client to make sure she is a suitable candidate for hair extensions

for example if they have ever had alopecia ect and there are a plenty more things listed too .

Always check out qualifications and experience

I don't know what happened to your hair Peterpan but it certainly is enough to put you off ,

I know I would be put off too :hug: x

Hi thanks for replying thats more than i can get from the woman who fitted the extensions!!!

As far as i know she added the glue to the extensions before fitting them, she had a glue gun with her but was working behind me so i couldnt see everything she was doing.

I did get an after care leaflet and have followed it.

the bonds are solid with a cylindrical space on the centre.

4 bonds have now fallen out and they seem to slip down the hair and then come out.

Am i wrong to be getting the hump about this and getting stroppy with her?

Cheers

Jade

Hey this means they have not been not been heated for long enough so the wax/acrylic only coats the hair not merges into the hair.

I would ring her back up and say they all need reheating and polishing. This should be at no extra cost to you.

Good luck :)

Sorry you had a bad experience :(
There is no such thing as bad extensions only poor application. I always have my clients back in for a free blow dry one week after. This is so I can check them and see how the client is managing. Then 6 weeks later so I can check the process of the growth (this is if it is individual bonds) so I can book in a removal. I would never let them go over 3 months.

I now only do double hair, much kinder, easier for the client and removal every 6 weeks much better :)

Hi dont know if anyone can help

I had some hair extension put in and they keep falling out, i have been back and had the rebonded and still they are falling out, the lady that put them in is now saying that it may be my hair rejecting the ! and the fact that i had a baby 2 months ago and my hormone levels may be affecting my hair and causing them to fall out.

is this a story from fairy tale land or is this a possibility?

Cheers

Jade

HI
i did the cinderella training, the PMB is a bond made of protien as an alternative to glue, so it shouldnt damage the hair. it sounds like the bonds just may not have been melted enough, although this is perfectly normal in the first few weeks. she should be doing a check on you a week after they are in to refit any that have fallen out. did she give you the homecare leaflet? drying the bonds staright away after washing?
make sure you get them taken out properly by your hairdresser as this will cause no damage to your hair when done properly
x

I am trained in Cinderella extensions and it is quite common to lose about 10 or so extensions over the course of having them. Having said that, at my last few months working with them, the quality of the bonds and the hair deteriorated and we had lots of problems with people's extenstions just sliding out, them shedding and the clients not being happy with their extensions.

Ensure that you are using all of the Cinderella after acre products and are drying your hair BONE dry as soon as you have washed it, make suer you're not catching the bonds with the straightneners too.

If all this fails go back to your hairdresser and see what they can say.

You might be one of th very rare people who's hair is so silky smooth the extensions just wont stick to your hair! it is possible but very unlikely.

hope this helps!

x

Hi dont know if anyone can help

I had some hair extension put in and they keep falling out, i have been back and had the rebonded and still they are falling out, the lady that put them in is now saying that it may be my hair rejecting the ! and the fact that i had a baby 2 months ago and my hormone levels may be affecting my hair and causing them to fall out.

is this a story from fairy tale land or is this a possibility?

Cheers

Jade

You hairdresser should'nt really have put your extensions in if you've just had a baby, check the bonds to see if you natural hair is coming out with it.

what is your hair like? is it really really silky smooth and dead straight? proably not so its very unlikely your hair is "rejecting" the extensions and your hairdresser is fobbing you off.
Check that you are using all you after care and are drying the bonds properly.

Thanks for your advice, some of the bonds have my hair in and others that have come out havent!!!
Im not using any aftercare products she told me just to use Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Shampoo and Conditioner as it was excatley the same...

i know you lose a few through the course of time but i started to lose them a week after having them put in, now it's been 3 weeks and in total iv lost 12!!!

Not sure what to do next
:sad:

i cant believe she told u to use normal shampoo & conditoner, thats bad!! u need to use cinderella products

Hey,

This aint right they shouldnt be coming out that soon extensions normally last about 2-4 weeks. I think you should go and try to get your money back.

Also i agree with the lady who said it ruined your hair as it really does, everytime i have them i wish i never but becuase they look so great i keep having them all the time x

i do agree, hair extensions can ruin ur hair. ive been having them only for 2 months now and each time i take them out |(their the ones u glue in urself) i think how thin my hair feels as clumps come out bbut then the only solution seems to be to put them back in! but now i have clip in ones, noone has noticed the difference and its a hell of a lot easier to take them out at night and just clip them in in the morn, and to be able to wash my hair properly! they slightly hurt after a day before i take them out, but at least my own hair is growing underneath now so hopefully it wont be for long!

Hey,

This aint right they shouldnt be coming out that soon extensions normally last about 2-4 weeks. I think you should go and try to get your money back.

Also i agree with the lady who said it ruined your hair as it really does, everytime i have them i wish i never but becuase they look so great i keep having them all the time x

Hi I just wondered what extensions you are having put in your hair ?

as we use the ones that you can leave in for three months,
and with regular maintanence they usually stay great ,

I think maybe it would be better for yourself and your hair to go to a different professional Hair extensionalist than the one who you have been going to,
as it sounds like poor application causing the problem ,

or perhaps just stick to the clip in ones instead as this may suit you a lot better :hug:

Hi I just wondered what extensions you are having put in your hair ?

as we use the ones that you can leave in for three months,
and with regular maintanence they usually stay great ,

I think maybe it would be better for yourself and your hair to go to a different professional Hair extensionalist than the one who you have been going to,
as it sounds like poor application causing the problem ,

or perhaps just stick to the clip in ones instead as this may suit you a lot better :hug:

I buy them myself from a shop which supplies them, there called dream girl, they are nice i dont put them in myself i get my mum to do mine. But i used to put them in all the time ive now given my hair a break and only have them put in on special ocassions.xx

Latest posts

Back