Hair geeks can you help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidgernetball

Ubergeek
Reaction score
My lovely daughter has just started at uni in Leeds. She has mega thick hair with a natural wave. She rarely blow dries it and it looks lovely but it gets greasy roots very quickly and tiny white bits in it at the roots. She reacts to sls in products so I'm looking for a pro sls free shampoo for thick wavy natural hair - no colour. Can you please advise? I'd like to send her a pressie so cost isn't a biggie.
Thanks

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bump!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Colour Mission shampoo - Coloured Hair Products - OSMO

It's recommended for coloured hair because it's sulphate and salt free. I use it myself as I have a sensitive scalp that reacts to some shampoos/products.

Their other shampoos aren't sulphate free so check it's the white bottle. You can buy it in large 1ltr containers too from most wholesalers.

HTH.

Yeh AG range are sulphate free paraben free gluten free and salt free :) lost of different ranges within their brand too

Thanks all.
Does it matter if you use a shampoo for coloured hair on a hair without colour?

She's currently using an sls free one from a health food shop which just doesn't seem to do her hair any favours!

Vic x

That can happen to hair also if it's not washed properly. I know it sounds mad but the amount if people with long thick hair that gave this problem and it's due to washing it!

I can on you the advise I send to clients etc with prob if you want? It's quite long.

Sent from my tiny little mind using SalonGeek mobile app

Thats so kind of you. Thank you

I would appreciate it as I also think it may be from not washing properly. She says she does bit she IS 19 lol!

If easier I can pm you my email or send to my pm.

Hope that's Ok.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Alot of my clients love the Pureology line sold by pros @ salons.
Avalon Organics Revitalizing Peppermint Shampoo,@ health stores. Peppermint is good for a natural astringent for scalps & oils.
Check out some nearby salons & look into their mens products. These are usually more astringent,natural & are more geared towards removing oils from gym sessions/sports & usually have more herbal scents like tea tree,peppermint,clove &jojoba.

Alot of my clients love the Pureology line sold by pros @ salons.
Avalon Organics Revitalizing Peppermint Shampoo,@ health stores. Peppermint is good for a natural astringent for scalps & oils.
Check out some nearby salons & look into their mens products. These are usually more astringent,natural & are more geared towards removing oils from gym sessions/sports & usually have more herbal scents like tea tree,peppermint,clove &jojoba.

Can you tell me if they contain SLS?

Thanks.

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back