Hair Geeks, where have you gone? Please come back.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
:sad::sad:
just wondered where all the lovely, talented, knowledgeable Hairdressers have gone from Hair geek and geekland in general - please come back, I miss you.

I agree.

My opinion - they're fed up of non-pro's pretending to be pro's and thread after thread about extensions. But that's my personal opinion. I wish they'd come back too.

I should add it's supposed to be summer too so perhaps they're away on holiday.

And there are some old faces lurking they just don't want to post any more!

I agree.

My opinion - they're fed up of non-pro's pretending to be pro's and thread after thread about extensions. But that's my personal opinion. I wish they'd come back too.

I should add it's supposed to be summer too so perhaps they're away on holiday.

And there are some old faces lurking they just don't want to post any more!

I agree! People get slated for their professionalism! Too many questions about supermarket products and basic skills!

I agree some what but for people like me it has been amazing just finished level 2 but do agree about supetmarket products etc lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm here! I'm having a slight break....I'm fed up! Of the above reasons :( and both grandparents in hospital, means a lot on my plate currently but PM me if you need advice and help.....normal service will be resumed soon :0) xxx

Oh I do love salon geek the advice is brill and the PROFESSIONALS are just as brilliant!

:)

I'm here! I'm having a slight break....I'm fed up! Of the above reasons :( and both grandparents in hospital, means a lot on my plate currently but PM me if you need advice and help.....normal service will be resumed soon :0) xxx

Good thought you had been a bit quite ;-) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Busy busy busy at the moment!!

Hope your grandparents are ok Bluerinse x

Agree with above reasons about why they've gone.

Going to add the petty arguing. For some reason non hair pros try and act like a hairdresser when they're rumbled start arguing and people stick up for them. Or non hair pros wanting otc products and people from beauty giving advice. Them hair pros won't help they see their bum.

Also people DON'T use search nearly every day there's a cheapest extension thread or extension training. I offer extensions and have asked advice on something extension related in the past but there are too many posts about them, most already answered.

Shame as reading through old posts there has been some very good advice.

I agree.

My opinion - they're fed up of non-pro's pretending to be pro's and thread after thread about extensions.

Well if this is the reason then it's a bit poor. People can clearly see on the majority of said extension threads what they are about and who they are posted by without needing to open.... if they do not wish to read or post then move along to the next, simple.

Well if this is the reason then it's a bit poor. People can clearly see on the majority of said extension threads what they are about and who they are posted by without needing to open.... if they do not wish to read or post then move along to the next, simple.

Like I said that's my personal opinion the fact of the matter is - there were lots of very talented and very experienced hairdressers on these pages who commented on technical issues, and now they very rarely post or give any advice.
There are of course I'm sure other reasons, and there are still very talented hairdressers who post on here (who as explained above) have personal reasons why they don't post at the moment.

As an aside, the extension threads, like the poster above said, most answers can be found using the search facilities. Rather than the same ones being posted over and over again. It does get dull. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

I don't read, I just see thread after thread on extensions! X

I have to say, I get sick of all the extension threads too. I have found some really helpful advice on here. I have a salon but work alone so this place is fantastic.x

Yes I'm totally fed of them too, I don't bother opening them either.

I work alone and it good to get help and advise from other geeks. I've learnt more off here than any training I've done!! Fab site!!

I do agree there seems to be a massive increase in the number of extension threads lately and a lot of them could have been answered by using the search but not all, and this information is just as important to these guys as cut or colour help is to other pro hairdressers. It is their livelihood after all.

It is not the extensionists fault that there are not more geeks asking for advice and guidance on cutting techniques, colour mixes, products and the like to even out the forum a little more :D

I know it's been said before and I also know why it was declined but I am one of those who still think Extensions should be a sub forum within Hair... it may help with geeks feeling this way.

I do agree there seems to be a massive increase in the number of extension threads lately and a lot of them could have been answered by using the search but not all, and this information is just as important to these guys as cut or colour help is to other pro hairdressers. It is their livelihood after all.

It is not the extensionists fault that there are not more geeks asking for advice and guidance on cutting techniques, colour mixes, products and the like to even out the forum a little more :D

I know it's been said before and I also know why it was declined but I am one of those who still think Extensions should be a sub forum within Hair... it may help with geeks feeling this way.

Maybe if everyone that does extensions was qualified in hairdressing as well it would reduce some of them! But anyway don't get started on that soapbox!

Def agree there should be some sort of separate forum for extension topics, there are LOADS of them.
xxx

I'm also here, just floating around.....I don't do extensions and that seems to be the most of the questions now so I feel I don't have so much to contribute!

I just kinda browes now, to many extension questions, shop bought products being used, products used in the wrong way, people getting on their high horse and having to say 1000000000000000000 times that majicontrast is not for scalp app! I have worked far too hard for far too long to know what i know, and i feel alot of people dont derserve an answer to their questions anymore! x

Latest posts

Back