Hair loss after pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
My hair started falling out about a month ago which I was actually quite happy about as it was beginning to resemble a thatched roof :eek: but it is now starting to drive me insane !

If I run my fingers through my hair loads come out at any time of day, its so bad we had to buy a dyson hoover as our old one got blocked up with hair then just wouldn't pick anything up !!

How long until it goes back to normal as at this rate there will be more hair on my carpet than my head :lol:

It can normally take up to a year for hair loss after pregnancy to stop. As the baby gets older you'll notice it get less and less. As long as no bald patches appear, I wouldn't worry too much. This is all quite normal. :)

i had same problem as well started after baby was about 2 month usually lasts for couple of month then gets bak to normal. u dont loose as much hair as usual during pregnancy so it comes out more after dnt wory xx:)

Its driving me mad, on the plus side my hair actually looks normal again but I just leave a trail behind me wherever I go !!

Will watcg out for the bald patches lol :eek:

Its driving me mad, on the plus side my hair actually looks normal again but I just leave a trail behind me wherever I go !!

Will watcg out for the bald patches lol :eek:
Hi, I totally sympathise with you, my baby girl is 5 months old and my hair is coming out in handfulls. I am sick of unblocking the plug hole after i've had a shower and everywhere in the house is covered in blonde hair! I suppose we've just got to put up with it until it stops n it is a small price to pay really isn't it (along with the stretch marks and sleepless nights lol). Nice to know that i'm not alone :hug:

Emma x

it can take a while as your hair grows in three stages and some women expierence this when thier pregnant because their hair is set in the last growing stage,i wouldnt be too worried about it as your hormones settle down your hair will grow back just dont stress over it hope this helps hun

x

After my son was born, my hair kept falling out for 5 months. It wasn't in patches, just seemed like big clumps!

The plus side was that my hair was much easier to blow dry!

And yes, it did come back, same as before.

Latest posts

Back