Hair loss from extensions help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess72

Reaction score
Hi there,
I've done extensions for years and never had this problem before!

My client came in May/ June for her micro loop extensions she naturally had thin to normal hair and wanted the micro rings to which I only fitted 100g max, obviously her hair was cut shaped and parts of it thinned to blend afterward, since then she has been regular for maintenance appointments although had came in with some lost each time. Since then she has called to say she has took them out herself and has only got half her own hair she started off with and it's incredibly thin all over, now I feel stuck and am panicking as I have no idea what's happened as I've never had this problem before with any of my clients can any one help at all, she has some back ground knowledge of hairdressing so thinks she knows everything, she also is a boss of mine for when I do part time bar work and I'm worried this will affect our relationship if the blame is on her

I know it sounds weird, but is she sure that she hasn't just got so used to the thickness of her extensions that now her own hair feels thinner? I know it sounds a bit silly but when i have my extensions out I feel like I have lost hair, but I know i haven't, its just i get used to the thickness with extensions. It isn't advised that clients take their own extensions out! That's why we have the proper tools to take them out. How do you know that she hasn't cause this herself from taking them out? x

I did say this to her but she is positive she's lost half her hair despite having no bald patches, she's sent me pictures too and the ends of her hair are exceptionally thin but that I'm sure is down to her hair being thinned out by another stylist
I know it sounds weird, but is she sure that she hasn't just got so used to the thickness of her extensions that now her own hair feels thinner? I know it sounds a bit silly but when i have my extensions out I feel like I have lost hair, but I know i haven't, its just i get used to the thickness with extensions. It isn't advised that clients take their own extensions out! That's why we have the proper tools to take them out. How do you know that she hasn't cause this herself from taking them out? x

I did say this to her but she is positive she's lost half her hair despite having no bald patches, she's sent me pictures too and the ends of her hair are exceptionally thin but that I'm sure is down to her hair being thinned out by another stylist

The ends are thin? How could extensions cause this when they are attached close to the roots? Has she said she has been to another stylist? I mean, I am very new to hair extensions myself, but I cant get my head round them causing the ends of the hair to become thin!

If she's lost half her hair from the extensions surely they would either leave bald patches where they had been pulled from the root or the hair has been broken where the hair was attached to her natural hair near the root and if neither of these are visible then I find it very unlikely she has lost half her hair. As said above she's either gotten so used to having thicker hair or has pulled them out herself and maybe pulled some of her own hair with them and feels a bit silly about it and is blaming you.

Go see her, texts back and forth don't usually defuse these situations

Latest posts

Back