Hair matting help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
just looking for opinions as I am stumped!
One of my regular clients hair has started to really Matt in a clump after she’s shampooed and conditioned it (it’s even happened at the salon)
She’s never expedited it before, yes it gets a little knotty as it’s naturally has a slight curl but never completely matts in a big knot at the back.
She uses biolage shampoo and conditioner and brushes her hair properly prior to washing it to get loose hair out. Today it happened in the salon when she came in for a blowdry so I could see the problem, I have hair a good brush and used L’Oréal absolut repair shampoo and treatment mask and brushed it through her hair and left on for 15 mins, washed it off and sure enough took Her over to the section and it had completely matted in a ball at the back! I’m stumped!

just looking for opinions as I am stumped!
One of my regular clients hair has started to really Matt in a clump after she’s shampooed and conditioned it (it’s even happened at the salon)
She’s never expedited it before, yes it gets a little knotty as it’s naturally has a slight curl but never completely matts in a big knot at the back.
She uses biolage shampoo and conditioner and brushes her hair properly prior to washing it to get loose hair out. Today it happened in the salon when she came in for a blowdry so I could see the problem, I have hair a good brush and used L’Oréal absolut repair shampoo and treatment mask and brushed it through her hair and left on for 15 mins, washed it off and sure enough took Her over to the section and it had completely matted in a ball at the back! I’m stumped!
I have a client who's hair is like this! We've found that moisturising shampoo and conditioner, alongside regular treatments help. A leave in detangler / conditioning spray really helps too! (it's a 10 is AMAZING)
Make sure your client isn't roughing her hair when towel drying. The best solution to this would probably be a smoothing system / keratin blowdry? That's if she is willing to pay. She could also try cowashing, but not sure if she'd be willing to try.

Sounds odd but I had a client with the same problem...we narrowed it down to her being stressed and causing her to be really restless in bed (she slept on her back)...lots of cuticle nourishment through treatments helped :)

Latest posts

Back