Hair mess, help needed to fix it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not posing as a professional I clearly state I just started my first lessons ever!!!!

I did this to my own hair so who exactly am I harming and why is everyone so insulted? Should I apologize for being so excited to finally be learning this, that I was so eager to try on my own head????

I do wanna know what I did wrong (to my understanding so far ...my natural hair has red undertones, didn't bleach long enough to achieve undertones proper for dark blonde and on top of all that I applied a dark blonde with red pigments! tan tan. So I thought ash toner 7 would fix it but it didnt enough and it washed out ) but my first priority is to fix it !!! Should I also apologize for wanting to fix it before I go through months of training to have the knowledge you have?

Every country is different, institution etc etc, so no I cannot wait until the next time I see my teacher, maybe thats a difficult concept to grasp for some but in EVERY country training is different...

and I really appreciate the nice understanding responses :) Comments like those make me wanna keep going regardless of my mistake! Thanks guys

I am not posing as a professional I clearly state I just started my first lessons ever!!!!

I did this to my own hair so who exactly am I harming and why is everyone so insulted? Should I apologize for being so excited to finally be learning this, that I was so eager to try on my own head????

I do wanna know what I did wrong (to my understanding so far ...my natural hair has red undertones, didn't bleach long enough to achieve undertones proper for dark blonde and on top of all that I applied a dark blonde with red pigments! tan tan. So I thought ash toner 7 would fix it but it didnt enough and it washed out ) but my first priority is to fix it !!! Should I also apologize for wanting to fix it before I go through months of training to have the knowledge you have?

Every country is different, institution etc etc, so no I cannot wait until the next time I see my teacher, maybe thats a difficult concept to grasp for some but in EVERY country training is different...

and I really appreciate the nice understanding responses :) Comments like those make me wanna keep going regardless of my mistake! Thanks guys

Sorry but like you said you've only just took your first class. I know every country is different but I doubt anywhere teach you colouring before health and safety etc. until you have a better understanding of how and why colours work we can't give you any advice. It's just like giving advice to a member of the public

I find it rather interesting that after three pages, not one hair pro has given the OP the exact recipe to correct her hair. I counted six hair pros who have posted who I know could give a correct, definitive answer. Perhaps the people who have complained the most about the rest of us, could step up to the plate, and give a correct reply, detailing why it went wrong, and how to fix it.

Show the rest of us meany old hair professionals how its done.

Wish there was a like button sometimes!

There is a like button it's a love heart don't think you can do it on phone though x

I actually have answered this, ive explained what went wrong and advised to strand test with 7/1 now as it may just work on the faded out colour.

However roots will need different colour to match, whats tour natural base, what level are your faded ends? How red/orange?

We can't give actual constructive advice without knowing the full look if the hair right now xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Which country in Europe are you from?

Perhaps I should clarify my post.

Of course this is a great learning resource. However, this forum should never replace the student's own teaching provider.

The OP did not seem concerned with HOW the problem occurred or the science and theory behind it (new to hair "stuff" and "can't get my colour theory right - ha-ha", merely how to FIX it. We see these kind of queries every day in consumer enquiries.

We also see someone who is lacking in the basic knowledge of colour theory asking for help to colour correct something they don't even know why or how or what went wrong!

The OP should in my opinion, be asking their own teachers, classmates peers before asking for advice on here.

In my opinion also, and judging by recent postings by certain people, there have been a number of people posting pretending to be hairdressers when in fact they probably aren't. I am NOT suggesting this is the case here. But sadly it has made me (and others I'm sure) very wary about responding to queries of this nature.

Spoon-feeding students answers, when they should be working out HOW these things happened, is making you all feel better that you know it, but it's not helping them.

I hope this makes more sense now. I apologise if anyone was offended by my "harsh" response.
I have seen other posts where you have reprimanded other users for asking for advice. As if you're so perfect yourself.

I have seen other posts where you have reprimanded other users for asking for advice. As if you're so perfect yourself.

Did you realise your response was to a thread posted 3 years ago?

Latest posts

Back