Hair relaxer for caucasian hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julietrichards

Reaction score
Hi, i've been a hairdresser for 30 years but have not really used hair relaxers before, as it is not called for where i live. My partner wants to get straighter hair, as he wants to grow it. It is naturally medium thick, sort of frizzy/big style if it grows but at the moment its only about an inch long on top, and if he grew it it would be curly frizz but not quite as afro as afro if you see what i mean? What would be the best make of relaxer to buy for me to do it? I live in the u.k but can buy online if cheap enough. Thanks

Hi, i've been a hairdresser for 30 years but have not really used hair relaxers before, as it is not called for where i live. My partner wants to get straighter hair, as he wants to grow it. It is naturally medium thick, sort of frizzy/big style if it grows but at the moment its only about an inch long on top, and if he grew it it would be curly frizz but not quite as afro as afro if you see what i mean? What would be the best make of relaxer to buy for me to do it? I live in the u.k but can buy online if cheap enough. Thanks

hi there julie, i know exactly what you mean i have medium to course afro hair but i wanted something that would give my hair a natural wave rather than the blunt straightness of lye relaxers what i found was actually a hair strightner or relaxer for caucasian hair it is called "glatt". it comes in 3 strengths normal, resistant and hair with dye on it. here's a link from salon's direct so you can know what you're looking for but other wharehouses stock it as well. hope this helps.:D
Schwarzkopf Strait Styling Glatt Variant 0 (1 x 82ml + 2 x 40ml)

I used to use this the days before straighteners, it great. You could also do a Brazilian after!

personally id go with glatt for men, its a great inbetween product for short hair, mainly what i have used for men. For anything longer and permanent- i tend to use my opti smooth, there are many hair striaghtening products, some temporary some without chemicals etc

My own analysis is glatt for as a temp relaxer, up to 2-3 months till roots come thru.
bbd- aka brazilian blow dry 12 weeks if you are lucky to not get any fume free.
Optismooth-yuku system for japanese hair straightening, permanent-till you cut it out, last 8-9 months till regrowth application.
hths xoxo

Latest posts

Back