Hair snapping off badly after foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
I had a young lady in today that's had a full head of foils, at the front on one side all the hair has snapped off really badly looks like half a fringe!
She went to a different hairdressers than usual, any ideas why this has happened? It looked slightly blonder than usual but not a big difference.
Thanks xx

numerous things really.
they cud have used a stronger bleach and not been careful on application and reapplied to previously lightened hair. .
if she is a stereotypical young girl who has a pair of straightners with a far side part, i often see alot of snapping on one side (the thicker side of the part) where they straighten and straighten there hair over n over weakening the hair for chemical treatment. . .

Hi This sounds as if the bleach has been left on too long and it's over processed the hair but I would imagine that the hair was pretty over processed anyway then had more bleach added to it. Nothing you can do I am afraid!
x

Thanks for your replies, would colouring it be better next time rather than bleach? Or won't it make a difference now?

Won't make any difference on the bits that have snapped off!:cry: The hair as Scottydolly says will be porous anyway so tint would definately be better stay away from bleach! x

She needs to invest in some decent hair treatment and the Redken Anti Snap Leave in treatment :)

Thanks again all x will pass on your advice!

Latest posts

Back