Hair supplier gave wrong shade and said hair was fine to dye. It wasn't!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer2089

Reaction score
One of the best suppliers in scotland gave ne wrong shade of hair, packaging was labelled 1B when I fitted extensions I notice the shade was off colour, staff said okay to dye so I dyed the hair as advised and now the extensions are ruined!! All dry and like rats tales as the dye soaked up the mositure. Trying tp get compansation for client never had this problem before. Couldn't sleep for dasy I was that angry. Don't know if trading standards can help. At the end of the day they shouldn't have made an error and this wouldn't have happend in the first place. Any advice would be appreciated thank you x

Trading standards seems a bit extreme, we all make mistakes after all. They should rectify the issue for you and apologise but I think compensation would be a good will gesture not something they have to do. Do their instructions say anything about dying, because they could say you ruined them yourself.

Trainers member if staff said the hair was okay to dye, phoned uo they said I wouldn't get refund or anything when I asked they said they can be dyed, really they are at fault my client shouldn't need to pay for new hair neither should I have to pay when the colour of hair should have been in the correct packaging. Said 1b on them when I took them out ther weren't black but a dark brown

Well not to point fingers or anything but how did you dye it? Extensions need to be dyed differently than natural hair as it has gone through processing so it needs to be handled really gently.

Isn't a #1B a dark brown? A very very dark brown but definitely not a black..

I would agree 1b isn't black it's darkest brown so always going to throw a brown tone. And the difference between 1b and say a 2 is noticeable enough to have seen it before u fitted I think

Latest posts

Back