Hair too compromised to hold colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pancakes

Reaction score
I did my co workers hair today, it went so inconsistent!
She is a beautician and box dyed her hair in blonde shades before I could change her mind to let us do her hair become better.
So she has chopped off to chin length bob with layers because her top section was starting to get mushy/disintegrate.

Her natural level is between a 6 and a 7. She has fine hair but lots of it. She has to wash it everyday as it gets greasy very soon.

The last times I used highlift tints to get her roots a golden blonde which matched really well. I used 10-1 with 40 vol. by Schwarzkopf, then last time Majiblonde 901s with 40 vol.

Then she wanted a ginger blonde, so I used Majirel 8,3 & 8,34 (1 to 1) with 30 vol on roots, 8,34 with 8,3 (2 to 1) with 20 vol on the rest. It came out well on the roots, lengths were a bit uneven and brownish. After washing her hair 3 times the ends were just a golden blonde and the roots stayed a tiny bit longer.

I suggested direct dyes in a soft copper like Chromative 8,04 to hold better, but they faded after just one wash.

So today I did her roots (I do them about every six weeks) with Majirel as before and while processing I applied Chromative 6.40 to get in as much copper pigments as I could. While processing the hair looked bright red. I emusilfied thorougly to get her roots vivid aswell and shampooed once with Kerastase Bain Chroma Captive. As I dried her hair it was mushy and stiff, while blow drying her front and top did not look any different to before! Her roots and the hair underneath were neon copper...
Now folks, how to fix this?!
Sry for the long text!

This is her before after cut and highlift root applications. Notice there were no Highlights added, and the layers were not really cut but 'dyed'. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414095925.119550.jpg

Tomorrow I will give you an after picture, After she washed it once :/

What aftercare is she using? Silicone build up?

Pre pig or use Dialight? I would have probably use majirel over porous hair.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Use a semi & a low peroxide or a colour releaser the colours never gonna stay if the ends are so knackered every time u put 20 vol etc on your further damaging the cuticles making it even harder for the colours to stick

If her hair is ruined then I would colour fresh or Perfecton even. Hope she has learnt her lesson!!

I first used Majirel to get in the pigments. I know a demi would have been better, but we dont stock ANY shade in her direction (like a light copper/blonde e.g 8.34 or 9.04)

Chromative is a direct dye so this time I wanted to be as gentle as I could. So uneven!

I currently have only access to L'oréal Majirel, INOA, Luo and Dia Richesse so no Wella tips please!

Maybe I can convince my boss to get Dialight in 8.34 but she wants to have as little in stock as possible :(

My coworker uses Kerastase Shampoo for colour treated hair as far as I know but she says it does not help keeping the colour...

I just hate bad colour results! I really dont know how to get her even and make it last.

I know her hair is just in too bad condition but yeah...

Pre pig or use Dialight? I would have probably use majirel over porous hair.

I used Majirel but didnt prepig

Use a semi & a low peroxide or a colour releaser the colours never gonna stay if the ends are so knackered every time u put 20 vol etc on your further damaging the cuticles making it even harder for the colours to stick

I know that but we only have direct dyes and permanents in her shades...

Use a permanant with colour releaser, I recently used it with a brown to cover someone's purple that continuously washes off the ends, 3weeks later it's still holding strong

Can you not get hold of anything else? Your quite limited aren't you.

So this is her: It actually looks more even on camera than in realityImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414148284.272960.jpg

It's kinda like saying I need to make pancakes and I've only got flour and water

It's kinda like saying I need to make pancakes and I've only got flour and water

Vegan pancakes :D

No, you are right. I will try to lift the neon roots with Vitamin C and conditioner, then wait for Dialight to get delivered.

What about pure Henna for the dead ends?

Latest posts

Back