Hair up hints and tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxsarahj25xx

Reaction score
Hello! Tried searching for something related, apologies if a thread like this already exists but I havent found it!

Thought it would be nice to start a thread on what is some peoples (mine ha) area of difficulty, hopefully some lovely experienced geeks wont mind sharing their words of wisdom!

I'll start off with a few questions that ive been abusing my poor dolls head trying to find the answer to!

1. How would you incorporate a hair weft to the front of a hair up (like on the front of a quiff)?

2. How would you create a ponytail effect without the use of an elastic?

Id just like to add, although my profile doesnt state hair, I am training in hair and media make up. Also not sure if I should tick that box or not, I dont go near scissors, perms or permanent colour! (hair up, temp/semi colours, setting/blowing and wig weaving!)

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Anyone? Xx

No one at all? :(

Not sure about wefts as I dont deal with them but as for ponytail without elastic you could take strand of hair from gathered ponytail and wrap it around the base then secure with grips.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi, not sure why a weft of hair is needed on front of hair , is it got different colour???
Also Patrick Cameron have bands that you pop grips in to loops then pin on hair it holds hair well ,for up dos or sections of hair. :)))

Hi it depends on the effect with regards to weft at the front.

To keep tension I get an elastic and put two grips in it attach the first grip then wrap elastic around hair that you want to be in a pony and secure with the other grip. U can then wrap hair around it to hide it.

You tube have fab demonstrations of hair up type in Lilith moon she has created hundreds of easy hair up 😄 xx

Thanks for the replies :) i've been trying the method with elastic and 2 grips, but once i've secured it, always seems to go bumpy. Will try the strand method mentioned above thanks.

The weft is leopard print, its for a college assessment, was hoping to attatch at the front over a quiff, but hiding the seam is proving difficult! Xx

Thanks for the replies :) i've been trying the method with elastic and 2 grips, but once i've secured it, always seems to go bumpy. Will try the strand method mentioned above thanks.

The weft is leopard print, its for a college assessment, was hoping to attatch at the front over a quiff, but hiding the seam is proving difficult! Xx

Hey! I would cut the weft into small pieces and glue them individually as your not going to get a straight braid row with your weft as its too long. The glue is easy to remove and when the weft is cut to the desired length you can then make your quiff. Afterwards you can remove the wefts and apply a braid row as normal :)

Hey! I would cut the weft into small pieces and glue them individually as your not going to get a straight braid row with your weft as its too long. The glue is easy to remove and when the weft is cut to the desired length you can then make your quiff. Afterwards you can remove the wefts and apply a braid row as normal :)

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply, though I must say, that made very little sense as I dont do extensions! Should have mentioned I handmade the weft myself so surely cutting it would cause it to fall apart? And would take away from the leopard print design. Also it can only be clipped in, not sewn or glued. Starting to think ive made life difficult for myself with the design ive chosen! Xx

Latest posts

Back