Hair up pictures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More wedding hair... The blonde client has SUCH difficult hair to work with... Long, fine LOADS of it..!xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345283179.174631.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345283179.174631.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 670
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345283244.368449.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345283244.368449.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 671
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345283272.718165.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345283272.718165.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 738
Another couple!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345328281.929853.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345328281.929853.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 526
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345328301.477374.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345328301.477374.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 514
These photos are AMAZING! I am just wondering though...I am starting a part time evening course in hairdressing in September...did you learn any of this at college? Just wondering if I will be able to do any of this! Plus, you can obviously do it on others, but how do you find doing it on yourself or is it just impossible?! Sorry, clueless! Are there any good books you'd recommend? Thankyou in advance :)!

These photos are AMAZING! I am just wondering though...I am starting a part time evening course in hairdressing in September...did you learn any of this at college? Just wondering if I will be able to do any of this! Plus, you can obviously do it on others, but how do you find doing it on yourself or is it just impossible?! Sorry, clueless! Are there any good books you'd recommend? Thankyou in advance :)!

You learn BASIC hair up in college, pretty much a French pleat and plaits, rolls etc, you learn your own style and get creative with more practice, I always struggled with hair up until recently and I've been hairdressing 7 years.
Hmmmm as for my own hair, if I had the time and patience to do it then maybe - but I'm going to answer no to this, I'm awful at doing my own, too busy!xx

As Sarah_Clancy mentioned you do learn very basic hair up. I did VRQ2 and you do an assessment for a hair-up. I think we covered hairups in 2 practical sessions and that was it.

Part time evening courses are intensive and you move on quickly - and rarely go back to stuff - so practice is a must. I struggled with hair up as well.

The NVQ books (which you will have recommended to you by college) will have a few sections on showing you step-by-step hair ups, again it's basic French pleat and I think I had a french plait in mine.

I bought a hair-up book from Amazon but to be honest, I have only tried one thing out of it.

But wait to see what your tutors recommend. Good luck.

PS - check out Lilith Moon on FB/youtube. She's amazing:
http://www.facebook.com/LilithMoon

Last edited:
Here one from
Me :)

Prom hair

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345369711.202541.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345369711.202541.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 643
You learn BASIC hair up in college, pretty much a French pleat and plaits, rolls etc, you learn your own style and get creative with more practice, I always struggled with hair up until recently and I've been hairdressing 7 years.
Hmmmm as for my own hair, if I had the time and patience to do it then maybe - but I'm going to answer no to this, I'm awful at doing my own, too busy!xx

Ah ok, thankyou! Good to know :) sounds like I'll be having lots of practices on my head block! And thanks for letting me know about you doing it on yourself!

As Sarah_Clancy mentioned you do learn very basic hair up. I did VRQ2 and you do an assessment for a hair-up. I think we covered hairups in 2 practical sessions and that was it.

Part time evening courses are intensive and you move on quickly - and rarely go back to stuff - so practice is a must. I struggled with hair up as well.

The NVQ books (which you will have recommended to you by college) will have a few sections on showing you step-by-step hair ups, again it's basic French pleat and I think I had a french plait in mine.

I bought a hair-up book from Amazon but to be honest, I have only tried one thing out of it.

But wait to see what your tutors recommend. Good luck.

PS - check out Lilith Moon on FB/youtube. She's amazing:
http://www.facebook.com/LilithMoon

Thankyou for your reply too :) tbh I don't even know how to do French plaits so that'll even be a new one on me! I have looked at her things and wow they are good!!!! She makes them look so easy! Can't wait to get those head blocks!

Here's a couple from yesterday, bride and bridesmaid x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345382213.078732.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345382213.078732.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 587
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345382254.808416.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345382254.808416.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 575
Here's a couple of mine, I usually avoid put ups at all costs lol

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg