Hair up product help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJH93

Reaction score
Hi everyone did a prom trial the other day so excuse the messiness as it was only a trial [emoji85]
But any recommendations on a product to create more definition in the large sections of hair that are pulled into the middle :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1491991551.046610.jpg

Hi everyone did a prom trial the other day so excuse the messiness as it was only a trial [emoji85]
But any recommendations on a product to create more definition in the large sections of hair that are pulled into the middle :)View attachment 204380
I would use a serum. Would smooth it out and define it more ☺

Bed head hard to get texturising paste

Thank you guys. I'll have a look when I go to the wholesalers, I was thinking a texturising paste or a gel or something :)

Thank you guys. I'll have a look when I go to the wholesalers, I was thinking a texturising paste or a gel or something :)
Yes they would definitely work but be careful if your nor wanting it too heavy on the hair it may look greasy x

Try back combing those pieces to give them a fuller look and use a spray wax to smooth and manipulate!

I would use a medium hold hairspray spay on the hair before curling and then scrunch the hair softly at the end to soften it so it doesnt look so crunchy. You want it to have some hold. I think serum will be too heavy and can make the curl drop quicker

I would use a medium hold hairspray spay on the hair before curling and then scrunch the hair softly at the end to soften it so it doesnt look so crunchy. You want it to have some hold. I think serum will be too heavy and can make the curl drop quicker
So when you take a section to curl spray it first then curl the hair.

I did back comb and spray them with hairspray but her hair is so soft it's a pain lol. I'll try a spray wax thank you :)

I get what you're saying but really I wanted the twisted parts at the top under the back combing to have more definition not the curls.

Soft heavy hair is such a pain for half ups!! Sometimes I'll go in with a dry shampoo or texturizing spray to give it a bit of a chalky texture before starting the updo which can help hold a bit. Good luck! Looks beautiful though :)

Haha I know I'm not a fan of hair up either tbh lol. Thank you though :)

Latest posts

Back