Hair Up??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelleyg

Reaction score
I'm currently studying for my NVQ 1 in Hairdressing and need a little help getting to grips with the up do's,particularly the French Pleat (mine looks more like a sausage :cry:) could anyone recommend any decent books or DVD'S? Any tips would be very gratefully recieved too.

YouTube - French Braids : French Braids: Adding Hair

hope this helps, i went back to do my level 3 for the hair ups mainly and do you know what it was crap!!!
she just TOLD us to do a roll, a twist, a knot ect,,,,, never shown us HOW to do all the things??
i was especially looking for help with long hair up, (for this she let us watch a patrick cameron video) ???? very good video but not really good as you can't ask a video questions....................???:irked:ask your tutor to talk you through it, and ask questions... that is what they are there for!!
good luck xxx

ask your

I did my level 3 for the hair up and colour correction and was so lucky, my tutor was the best hair putter upper i have ever seen! I used to just get her to get the dolls head out every week and to show me something new!! I found a great way as well to pick up hair up is watch everyone elses!!! the best one i saw was a french pleat from fringe area back to crown of head in a triangle shape section, then one from nape of neck up to same point, tie the rest in a pony tail at crown and backcomb it all!!!! Great for shorter hair you wouldnt usually be able to pin up and takes about 15 minutes to do!!!!

ps i find inside out french pleats easier to do...fold the hair under rather than over. and i find pleats easier to do if you are not looking at the hair!

Thanks so much for the advice ladies. xxx

Latest posts

Back