Haircut help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleneweeooo

Reaction score
Hey guys Im in my level 3 and have a lady coming tomorrow for a cut and blowdry. She sent me this attatched picture of her hair just now and this is the way she is wanting to keep it. I'm confident in uniform cuts and shorter hair in general but I haven't done a cut this 'bitty' before. I was planning to point cut it all (please let me know if that is or isn't the way you would recommend). And then after its dried I was planning to further point cut the hair sitting around the face and was maybe wanting to go in with thinners or use another technique to remove a lot of bulk and create the sharpness. I was considering using the technique where you twist small sections and softly move your scissors up and down the hair, do you guys think this would be a good idea? I've not done a lot of texturising (texturing? ?) and very keen to try new techniques. I've also heard of the 'weaving' technique where you get a pin tail and weave sections out the cut the sections at certain lengths. Does anyone use this?
Thanks in advance everyone, you'll be helping a gal out! X

Attachments

• sketch-1449008384661.jpg
    sketch-1449008384661.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 106
Sounds like your on the right track
When I do these cuts I like to start around the perimeter and I usually razor it so its wispy. Then I'd go through and point cut the internal layers, then texturise with thinners or razor. Most of the "bitsy" look is in the styling though

I always razor cut the perimeter of these cuts too to give a wispy soft edge.Looks like the crown is shorter graduated out to the longer fringe then slide cut a bunch

Id probably razor all the way through.

I hate hate hate thinning shears. In my mind they should only be used on men's blend lines.

Id probably razor all the way through.

I hate hate hate thinning shears. In my mind they should only be used on men's blend lines.

How come you don't like them? I'd be lost without mine. I don't use them on thin hair but when doing things like a bob it's nice to soften it rather than a block bulky finish.

Thanks everyone!! The razor sounds like a good idea. Only used it once but my boss loves it so will be happy to keep me on the right track with it.
I'm surprised hearing people hate thinners, all the stylists in my work say they couldn't live without them!! X

How come you don't like them? I'd be lost without mine. I don't use them on thin hair but when doing things like a bob it's nice to soften it rather than a block bulky finish.

Because there are so many techniques where you can use your regular scissors to thin or texturise, with, in my opinion, a softer, better look.

It also looks more professional. Anyone can pick up a pair of thinning shears in a local chemist and chop weight out. But you need more training and skill to be able to take weight out using regular shears.

Latest posts

Back