Hairdresser with suspected alopecia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkes1980

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm after some advice, I've been particularly stressed and unwell in the last 4 months or so, today I've noticed a small bald patch at the back of my head :-( I'm waiting on blood tests to come back from my gp from last week, but this was before I noticed to bald patch, should I mention it to my gp??
Also I'm getting a lot of tingling at the back of my head - below the occipital bone - has anyone experienced anything like this or know someone who has??? Thank you in advance x

I'm not sure this is something that the forum can help with tbh. I would suggest you make another appointment with your GP and get it looked at. Especially with the tingling. All the research I've done on alopecia doesn't mention tingling. Could be an underlying problem. Hope it's nothing serious! Good luck x

Hiya. How scary for you. Apparantly you can get tingling/itchiness/burning sensation if the hair is lost quickly. If the hair loss is in round patches and you are in good health it could be alopecia areata, but obviously thats for your gp to diagnose. I have seen clients with this condition and it can grow back. Hope you get results soon. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've booked the next available routine appointment with my gp for a week Monday, hopefully that'll get me sorted! Thank you for your replies it's appreciated x

Hi I have alopecia areata the bald patches come and go the tingling usually means I will develop a patch in that area .... You will be fine ... It will probably sort itself out x

Still make sure you see your gp though as the doctor knows best :)

Latest posts

Back