Hairs snapping when waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodeski

Reaction score
Hi gals

Just wondering, another therapist I have waxed has a problem with her hair 'snapping off' rather than pulling out. She has had several people wax her but each time with the same result.

I'm just wondering why? She doesn't have especially thick hair at all.

The more I learn, the more it seems waxing isn't for everyone.

Cheers in advance
JOdie:|

The hairs may not be snapping off it maybe a second shorter growth that she can feel.Sometimes some people do not wax completely smooth.It maybe that hot wax would be better for her as it might be her hairs are growing in lots of directions.Or it maybe that she isnt exfoliating and moisturising in between waxing.This does need to be done for successful waxing.

I would say that it is one of 2 things. First, the therapist waxing her isn't using proper technique, thus breaking hairs instead of removing with the root. second, the hairs she is feeling after being waxed are hairs that were too short to wax. I always tell my clients that it takes 4-6 waxes (all 4 weeks apart) before you are getting a nice smooth wax.

Latest posts

Back