hairy arms....help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galaxy83

Reaction score
Hello!!

Pleeeeease help me!! Ever since I've been pregnant my arms have gone really hairy and in certain lights its really dark. I've never had a problem with being hairy before and any hair I normally have (legs for example) is normally quite blonde and hard to see.

Anyway its practically jet black under my nail station lamp and i'm really embarrassed by it:cry: I want to remove it or lighten it but dont know which way is best. I dont want to mess with it if its going to grow back either thicker or darker.

Any advice would be sooooo appreciated!

Thanks everyone!!

It should settle down when you have had the baby, but in the meantime you can get them waxed.

It should settle down when you have had the baby, but in the meantime you can get them waxed.
I thought that, but having never waxed anything before I wasn't sure if it would grow back worse....or make it so I ALWAYS have to wax them forever if you know what I mean!!

I'm blonde and you can hardly see my hairs and years ago when I did my college training I kept on putting off having my arms waxed as I thought they would come back either thicker or darker.

This was not the case. They are still blonde.

Don't forget you could wear long sleeves lol. Sorry I know it's not funny as I am also pregnant.

Trust me it'll all settle down once bump is born x

It's one of those myths that waxing makes your hair grow back thicker. The structure of the hair is not altered by waxing (apart from gradually weaking the hair follicle), although with time I have noticed that my legs for example are less hairy these days (could just be an age thing!). When it grows back it comes through with a soft end, unlike shaving where you get the horrible stubble effect. And it won't mean you always have to have it waxed.

i sometimes wax my arms - they havent come back hairier!

I have sugared arms quite a few times and they grow back really well, nice and soft. I have a friend who is very dark haired and she has been having her arms sugared for quite a few years and they don't grow back at all now. I would definitely recommend having them sugared or waxed xx

I used to have my arms waxed every 3 weeks at college and they definetely dont grow bk thicker, but the growing bk stage can be embrassing!! My arm hair is quite dark so I bleach them now every 3 wks and they look great, u would never even notice them now so I would def reccomend bleaching.x

I'm blonde and you can hardly see my hairs and years ago when I did my college training I kept on putting off having my arms waxed as I thought they would come back either thicker or darker.

This was not the case. They are still blonde.

Don't forget you could wear long sleeves lol. Sorry I know it's not funny as I am also pregnant.

Trust me it'll all settle down once bump is born x

Thanks for that,

I've tried the long sleeve things but they still manage to peep out of the cuffs! Its like I'm trying to hide a little hamster family up there :lol: !! I'll give the waxing a go I think, although be warned.....I am holding you personally responsible if it goes wrong or they grow back and leave me looking like bigfoot :lol: !!

Thanks everyone! I think between you, you have all talked me into waxing so instead of just sarah I'm offically holding you all responsible for any bigfoot like tendencies I might get from it !!!! :lol:
xxx

I should be allowed off as I am pregnant and when you are your brain doesn't work as well as it should lol.

Also if I wanted to go to work (wouldn't mind I work for myself) and steal money out of the petty cash tin I can't get into trouble and just say it was the baby pmsl. (my friend is in personnel)

I wax my own arms.. they do look a tad odd growing back, well mine do, where they're shorter they seem to stick straight up, but that doesnt last long. Arms feel lovely after being waxed, like a babies bum!

I have one client who came to me for her forearm waxing as she had shaved them years before.

They hair was quite course and dark but now after about 4 waxes they actually look really good and "normal" if I dare to say. She is really pleased!

Latest posts

Back