Half term!!!............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellpink

Reaction score
I really find half term a chore!!! I think is hard to entertain children, especially when the weathers horible or cold! And just generaly think its :irked:
They always end up driving me mad :mad:

How does everyone else feel about having there children off school?? (or is it just me that hates it lol)
How do you entertain them?? :rolleyes:
(mine are 8 & 2!!)

i ve got 7 and 1 yr old boys- its hard , as you say, when the weather is horrid. My 7yr old isnt an outdoor kind of kid anyhow but it gets annoying when he just wants to watch tv all day!
We visit the library every other day as they both love books!

Is it just me then that loves having them home? My 2 have just gone back after being off for 2 weeks!
We have had fair weather, so have been out and about, this is what we have done
Cinema to watch the Waterhorse, a fab family film
Swimming
Beach
Soft Play Centre
Pottery Barn
Making things /crafting
Baking
We've had a few lazy days at home where we havent done anything

Ive worked all this around my work and hubbies time off. Its gone too fast for my liking!

xxx:hug:

No way hayls! i love them being with me- its just hard finding somewhere for a 7 & 1 yr old to play in shoddy weather. thats why we go to the library - we are all book worms :)

Is it just me then that loves having them home? My 2 have just gone back after being off for 2 weeks!
We have had fair weather, so have been out and about, this is what we have done
Cinema to watch the Waterhorse, a fab family film
Swimming
Beach
Soft Play Centre
Pottery Barn
Making things /crafting
Baking
We've had a few lazy days at home where we havent done anything

Ive worked all this around my work and hubbies time off. Its gone too fast for my liking!

xxx:hug:

I agree...i luvvv having my kids at home....mine are older than some...12,12 (step son) and 14......so mine go out with mates and do there own stuff......

I do sometimes take them to the cinema....go to the park with them and get loads to play footy,rounders.....great fun....!!!.....stay at home.....but i dont have to gt up early to get them to school....even though my kids are older ...i still worry about them....so to have them home is a good feeling :green:

No way hayls! i love them being with me- its just hard finding somewhere for a 7 & 1 yr old to play in shoddy weather. thats why we go to the library - we are all book worms :)
Sorry didnt mean that you didnt enjoy having your kids at home, I just meant I love finding things for them to do, playing with them etc xx

Sorry didnt mean that you didnt enjoy having your kids at home, I just meant I love finding things for them to do, playing with them etc xx

its ok i know you did nt mean it harshly. i think there is only me and another mum in my sons class that enjoy it! i have found it difficult since having the baby. :lol:

its a bittersweet experiene for me I must admit!
Jack has just started his half term.

I have to do some work as I need to cover rent, and I book some time off and bribe the in-laws to muck in.

saying that! today I only did a 30 minute treatment, so took him with me, I got the hairdressers to cut his hair whilst I worked and gave him 50p for the sweet shop across the road.

It was a coincidence that his friend came in for a haircut too, so he's buggered off with him all day, I've just been over to check on him and HE'S NOT COMING HOME!

so even when I am about, I don't see him, which makes me feel less guilty about having to work.

The council around here are good too as they put play schemes on at 4 of the sports centres, from 10-3pm, so he's going there tomorrow with 4 of his friends. problem is, I've booked that day off ages ago, so find that very frustrating.

I would like to take him out for the day but as he's 9 he wants to be with his friends.

the only way I can get him to do anything is if it starts with Mac and ends in Donalds.

I've offered to take him to the pics, bowling, sleepover, beach. Alls I get is that he wants to play with his friends.

got to sort something out for the summer holls as I'm going to be a nervous wreck trying to juggle work commitments and childcare commitments.

Yep, Summer hols are gonna be a nightmare for me with sorting out childcare, cant afford to pay a childminder, so will have to ask friends to have the kids for a few hours a day, During the Summer Holidays I have 12 Wedding bookings!!!!!:eek: Something about 2008 I think!!
So that is 12 whole days away from home, luckily hubby has booked some holidays.

Gosh! you lot are good! I cant be the only one who finds it hard?? I fell bad now!

Your not the only one who finds it hard hun... I dread the holidays sometimes. I feel like such a rubbish mum if I can't find things to do with the boys (6 and 8), but I still have everyday things to do and can't focus on them all day.

I have double problems to as my youngest has ADHD and Aspergers so he wants to know what is happening everyday from the moment he wakes up to when he goes to bed. I have to tell him where we are going, who we are going to see, what we are having for lunch and dinner and everything else in between. It gets really exhausting.

Dont feel bad ladies, there is plenty to do with kids, just have a spy on the net, it'll give you plenty of fun ideas for kids of all ages, thats what I did anyway!
We did papier mache animals last week, they had great fun, aslong as you can do the shape of the animal for them, let them carry on then with the glue, water and newspaper, prepare for a mess though, but then thats what kids is all about isnt it!? Mess!!

We also made shell photo frames from the beach and glossed pebbles! I know its hard to entertain them everyday all day, but as I said before, if you are really stick have a lazy day, films, popcorn, icecream! :green:

I really find half term a chore!!! I think is hard to entertain children, especially when the weathers horible or cold! And just generaly think its :irked:
They always end up driving me mad :mad:

How does everyone else feel about having there children off school?? (or is it just me that hates it lol) CANT FLAMIN STICK IT AND GLAD WHEN THEY ARE BACK - hehehehehe
How do you entertain them?? :rolleyes:
(mine are 8 & 2!!)

xxxxxxxxxx

YIPEEEEEEEEE! knew I cant have been alone! thanks hun! They're all right....... just in small doses! lol!

Very small like 5 mins at a time hehhehehe

I would love to be an earth mother but am just not, I get on best with my 4 year old cause he talks sense (most of the time) but I dont do babies.

Yeah, trying to entertain them is hard and its expensive to keep going out but staying in can be harder!:hug:

I adore having my kids home and resent the time I have to work.

When they were little we used to collect pretty shells and stones from the beach and they used my old nail varnishes to paint them pretty colours and patterns. It was a favourite thing of theirs.

I have a 7 year old daughter only , she had a boy friend round today to play with...never again.
Omg, the state of my place, they been running riots, it just got to the point I had to take em to the park.And then when we got back I left em in the garden for 10 minutes.
When I went out there to get them back in, they were covered in mud, his mum had sent him round in a shirt and new shoes.She was ok when she picked him up,well atleast she seemed to be.

Omg.Im pulling my hair out the mess everywhere, now my daughters fast asleep whilst I gotta clear up.uuurrrgghh! :irked:

I dont do much with my kids.

I find it really difficult to find things they like. For starters, my older one is 16 so he just gets money to do what he wants.

My younger one is 9, bless, he's bored out of his mind at the moment. I plan to go swimming and do lunch another day with him next week.

I find that activities for kids are soooo over priced, or maybe I'm just stingy...?

Gosh! you lot are good! I cant be the only one who finds it hard?? I fell bad now!

Its the entertaining bit that's difficult!

Latest posts

Back