Half way through school hols...?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Hello All!:)

I know that we did a thread at the start of the school hols suggesting things to do, but I thought I would start a thread to see how all mothers/carers etc out there were getting on as we are approx half way through!!!!

I am actually enjoying it! Was determined to do cheap things this year and I have managed really. Walks(as soon as the rain held off for more than 5 mins) picnics, crafty things etc.
The lay ins are lovely!!
I am lucky I think as I have spoke to a few of my friends who are pulling their hair out with bored kids! must admit I only have 1, so that eases it!
I thought if we shared our views and let off a bit of steam maybe we could all help eachother a bit?

What I am annoyed about though is the price of holiday day camp things!:irked:
I wanted to book my son into a day camp for 3 days so that I could work and they wanted 3 times the amount I earned:cry:
I think this is really unfair, anyone else having this problem?

Look forward to all replies x:hug:

I have 5 children ... and they have 14 weeks school holiday...:irked::irked::irked:

Granted only two of them go to school ( two others work...other one is a baby ) but the two who are on school holiday are the worst!!!

And their normal school day is 9am - 4.30pm....so I am tearing my hair out...literally :cry: I can't bear them at home all day no more....

bless them...:hug:

Hi, yes I've heard that the holiday day camps are really expensive .. . shame, really

I can't believe we're half way through the holidays already. When they break up, the summer seems to stretch ahead for ever and then it's gone in a flash. (what summer lol)

I've been doing odd clients in the daytime but mostly working evenings and some Saturdays, leaving the days mostly clear to do stuff . . .

today is an exception though, the kids have already gone to their nan's house and I've got back to back appointments.

Hope everyone else is coping well - ISN'T IT LOVELY NOT HAVING TO GET UP FOR SCHOOL! (Not to mention the ruddy sandwiches :lol:)

Hi, yes I've heard that the holiday day camps are really expensive .. . shame, really

I can't believe we're half way through the holidays already. When they break up, the summer seems to stretch ahead for ever and then it's gone in a flash. (what summer lol)

I've been doing odd clients in the daytime but mostly working evenings and some Saturdays, leaving the days mostly clear to do stuff . . .

today is an exception though, the kids have already gone to their nan's house and I've got back to back appointments.

Hope everyone else is coping well - ISN'T IT LOVELY NOT HAVING TO GET UP FOR SCHOOL! (Not to mention the ruddy sandwiches :lol:)

Totally agree, Not having to get up to do school runs is great! I am also saving quite a bit of petrol by not doing them twice a day!
Yes, the making of the sarnies is a blessing aswell!!! although OH still wants them:irked:

cant believe its 3 weeks till my 3 boys are back at school, i enrroled them in a soccer school it ran for 4 days from 10-3 and they were all zonked at 9 tonight.....i have actually enjoyed them being off (although i have been walking round with cotton wool earplugs)...pmsl
I have only been doing regulars so its been nice to chill in my p'j's and watch jeremy kyle.....oh and 60 minute makeover :lol:

I'm only paying £15 per day for holiday club, and trying to limit it., i.e. not using it every day. Although tomorrow I was going to have a day off but at 8.30 am I have a lady coming for full leg, full arm and underarm. Have warned her we may have a junior assistant tomorrow but have also told Lucy that if she behaves herself she can have her ears peirced:eek:

I have 5 kids ranging from twins aged almost 15 and then 12, 10 and 5, I've loved it so far. No uniforms to wash, last minute gym kit panics, no buss pass nightmares, for the two that took lunches no frayed tempers when yet another lunch box goes walkies. Lots of lazy mornings as they all sleep late and the twins unly just got back from 4 weeks in Norway staying with friends of ours in their old stomping grounds and catching up with friends they left behind in December.

I'll be sorry to see them all go back to school to be honest :lol: :Lol:

Its doing my head in my daughter of 15yrs already took some clothes and gone to here mama's out the way we argueing all the time,my son of 6yrs is board to death and still 3 weeks to go i cant cope anymore helpppppppppp lol xx

Its doing my head in my daughter of 15yrs already took some clothes and gone to here mama's out the way we argueing all the time,my son of 6yrs is board to death and still 3 weeks to go i cant cope anymore helpppppppppp lol xx

Hello there Major :)

Its just an idea:idea:
but i was wondering if you had a Blockbusters video store near you? Only they are doing a very wide selection of kids DVDs for 25p per rental per night. As its nearing the end of the hols and money is getting tight:irked: i think this is great.:)
hth xxxxxxxxxx

I cant wait until they go back, I have 5 living with me at the moment, I have a baby in nursery 3 full days at £24 a day, and the other 4 in holiday club 3 full days, at £17 each a day!!! I couldn't work with them at home all day though, so it is still worth me paying out, even if I am not comming out with much £££ much at the moment!!!!! I wish they would break the holidays up a bit more, that would be great!Not only would it stop them getting so bored, stop holidy companies charging extortinate rates to go away in the hols but it would also help spread the cost of childcare!:confused:

Not that I can get out much at the moment after my operation, but we find having a family membership to something like English Heritage helps. You get free or reduced entry to hundreds of castles, halls, stately homes & gardens all over the country.
Our nearest site is Audley End House & Gardens, the kids love to just go run around the gardens. We usually bread to feed the ducks, take a picnic. Hot dogs work well if you heat then at home then put them in an old icecream tub wrapped in tea towels they keep warm for almost an hour.
2 weeks ago we went to Wimpole Hall Home Farm, again great fun, (reduced entry with National Trust membership). They had butter making in the dairy, that was great fun and so easy to do (& tastes great on hot fresh crumpets:wink2:.) The instructions below say to use a food processor, we used a smaller amount of cream and a wooden spoon, my youngest really enjoyed making butter this way, and loved eating his homemade butter.:green:
Making Your Own Butter at Home
You can get English heritage membership with your Tesco clubcard vouchers. Family membership cost approx £18 of clubcard vouchers traded up into deals vouchers (worth 4x the amount.)

Thanks for the tip about blockbusters but where i live Skegness {skegvagas i call it} theres nothing here apart from rock and icecream really,we havnt evan got a good shopping center which really gets to me.Im from Rotherham so theres loads to do over Yorkshire way but here we have 1hr drive to start with before we go anywhere as theres no more raods out.My car is off the road so got no transport aswell so im really stuck at the minute be glad when september comes,my car is costing loads and now my bloody washer machine has decided to break tday so its all good fun her in Skegvagas! cry cry cry x

Latest posts

Back