Hand cream for eczema?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxAmyxx

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good hand cream, I've got really bad eczema on my hands. x

I rub the excess solar oil down my fingers and hands it's working wonders x

The body shop hemp hand cream or body butter is fantastic for eczema.
Xx

Will have to try the hemp one, thank you x

Forever Living Aloe Propolis Creme ... This product has changed peoples lives who suffer with eczema and psoriasis.

Lush do a hand cream called dream cream which is amazing. They will give you a free sample too if you go in which is enough to last you a week to see if you like it. Works much better than any steroid creams from the GP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have a lot of testing to do :) hopefully one of these will help, thank you all x

The two I was going to say have already been mentioned! FLP Propolis Creme or Lush Dream Cream :)

I use the aloe propolis cream to it is amazing x

Hi Amy,

If you haven't already done so it may be worth seeing your GP / Doctor especially if the eczma is bad or not responding to treatment as you could need to rule out infection or need more potent medication such as steroids.

Also if you are intending to use the cream long term make sure it is lanolin free as some people develop sensitivity to this, and remember when it is "better" it will still not actually be fully healed so you will still need to moisturise and look after your skin.

Not officially a hand cream but Aveeno is fantastic. My daughter suffers quite badly from the condition and her hands are one of the worst affected areas. Aveeno works wonders on all areas including hands.

I've been to my GP numerous times and get steroid creams which clears it up but then it comes back, been sent to a dermatologist who said 'there is nothing we can do...' and 'to use a good hand cream.' They gave me a cream and it made the eczema worse!

Hi amy,

Sorry to hear that it is an ongoing problem. My fiancee is duel qualified as a nail tec and beauty therapist and she had this a few years back. Her fingers literally swelled up and split like sausages on a grill. It was incredibly painful, she couldn't work, as at its worse she couldn't bear to touch anything with her hands.

Many doctors use the terms eczema and dermatitis interchangeably. In my fiancees case through trial and error we found that she was sensitive to a particular brand of nail product and a brand of spray tan. 2 brand changes later and it is no longer a problem. It still took some time and buckets of moisturiser to calm things down but providing she looks after them her hands are now ok.

Good luck and hope it improves for you,

Gareth

A girl I used to work with used this cream you can buy from Capital, can't remember its name but they do it in a spray too which is handy x

Have you tried sunbeds? I have a lot of clients who have eczema and use the sunbeds to help calm it! Also had doctors recommend it to some clients!

I too suffer from eczema. It especially gets really bad if I cut hair. I started your doing hair but had to quit because of the eczema being so bad. Steroid creams do work but I hated having to go to the doctor to get them. The one thing that relieved the itching and inflammation was hemorrhoid cream....yes hemorrhoid cream. I went through so many tubes of it while I was doing hair the pharmacist felt sorry for me. After about a year of dealing with it, I stopped doing hair and started out doing nails. I haven't had a problem with eczema since.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

Was thinking of sun beds but I'm scared to use them lol x

I used to suffer from horrendous eczema used to be so bad ny fingers would crack weep etc tried everything doc gave me and nothing. So I turned to good old Google and had a day of reading horror stories but eventually found some good advice. I cut out wheat and I have honestly not had one bit of eczema since!!! Xxx

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back