Hand & Foot massage techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scattyfox

Reaction score
With practising for my masters in manicure and pedicure i have played around with lots of different techniques when carrying out manicures and pedicures. I have been given different information from different companies and wondered if they were all right or if everyone differs within their techniques as long as the basic principles are adhered too. (if that makes any sense)

anyway i always start with a effleurage movement and follow this into the hand then a pestrissage movement on the arm then brought down into the hand, then some deep kneading on the palm of the hand and rotations of the fingers and wrist and finish with an effleuragge and a hand press.
Feet i never remember what i am meant to be doing and just try and stay on track with my manicure massage techniqe and adjust if accordingly for the feet.

anyway would be intrested in what you lot do and where and why.

cheers peeps

scattyfox said:
With practising for my masters in manicure and pedicure i have played around with lots of different techniques when carrying out manicures and pedicures. I have been given different information from different companies and wondered if they were all right or if everyone differs within their techniques as long as the basic principles are adhered too. (if that makes any sense)

anyway i always start with a effleurage movement and follow this into the hand then a pestrissage movement on the arm then brought down into the hand, then some deep kneading on the palm of the hand and rotations of the fingers and wrist and finish with an effleuragge and a hand press.
Feet i never remember what i am meant to be doing and just try and stay on track with my manicure massage techniqe and adjust if accordingly for the feet.

anyway would be intrested in what you lot do and where and why.

cheers peeps

Hi Sass - try and remember about the wrists and ankles as well - sometimes those joint also need some stimulation so try and include some circular massage movements around these areas.

HTH

Theresa

Hi there its scatts not sass lol. Thats what i meant by rotations the circular movements sorry i thought that is what they were called apologies if i didnt make myself clear. i suppose what i am really getting at has any one got a reall flowing smooth massage set of movements that link into each other no problem.

for example when i have finished my rotations on the wrist i life the palm up and deeep knead the pam of the hand as it seems to flow into each other smoothly.

Hi there, I use the following massage routine, (after playing around with many) and feel it all flows and feels good doing it as well as for the client, (if you know what i mean, feels "right")
Eff from hand to elbow 6 times
thumb kneeding along top of hand, going between the knuckles on the hand, up to the wrist
thumb kneeding from wrist to elbow, on the top the arm, when you get to the top, kind of gently and slowly, brush down the arm
turn the hand over in your hand, and while supporting the hand thumb kneed in the palm, especially around the fleshy part of the thumb joint
use the whole of your palm to kneed the palm
circle thumbs up the back of the arm, from wrist to elbow, being gentle over the back of the wrist area
gently and slowly brush down the arm
turn the hand
grasp the fingures, one at a time and gently masage the finger from bottom to tip.
Gentle finger pulls
finger rotations
wrist rotations
eff from hand to elbow slowly 6 times

I dont think Iv left anything out(!) You tend to do these things second nature so its quite hard to actually think about what I do!
The whole routine lasts about 10 - 15 mins
Sorry if it dosent make any sense, its very hard to explain isnt it!!! (or is that just me):rolleyes:

scattyfox said:
Hi there its scatts not sass lol. .

OOoooppps - please accept my apologies - must have still been half asleep/. Seams as if you do have your massage sussed, alot of what you do becomes second nature and you do forget what you actually include!

once again please accept my apologies - will concentrate harder next time! lol

Thats why i had trouble explaining it all because you just do it automatically and dont think about what your doing you just do it.

tahnks for your ehlp girls and keep them coming especially the feet please

Feet routine is pretty much the same as the hands for my clients!
eff from toes to knee 6 times
thumb kneeding along top of foot, toe to ankle, going between the joints of the toes, (on top of the foot)
knuckling around the ankle bone
knuckling around the heel of the foot
palmer kneeding along entire sole of foot, and carry the last one up and over the toes to go to the ankle
thumb kneeding up the leg
gentle frictions along the top of foot
deep efflurage along the top and bottom of the foot, (one hand on top one hand on bottom, hands kind of meeting at the toes)
toe rotations
eff back up the foot and leg
gentle stretch of the foot to finish

again, takes abot 15 mins in total

lovely thanks you everyone x

Latest posts

Back