Hand mask treatment assessment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
hi everyone hope you are all well!

I have my second assessment tomorrow night and think i am going to be doing a hand mask treatment with the electric hot mitts. i have only done the treatments once at college and have been trying to remember how to do it! we have some notes but they arent very specific - it doesnt say exactly when in the manicure to do the treatment so I have set up a list. Can anyone tell me if I have done it wrong please? I dont want to fail my exam! thanks!

1. Client consultation.
2. place wet towels in towel warmer
3. Wash hands.
4. File, buff and bevel nails.
5. After applying cuticle cream, soak nails.
6. Do cuticle work.
7. Apply massage lotion and massage arm and hand.
8. Apply hand mask, massage and place plastic over hands and place in hot mitts (after checking the temperature is ok first)
9. Wipe off mask using hot towels.
10. Squeak clean the nails to remove excess oils and polish using either a dark colour or french polish.

have i forgotten anything?

thank you so much! :)

I too have my first assesment tonight. Doing manicure with hand mask.
I thought your list was right but i plan on doing it like this:

Consultation
file, shape etc
cuticle work
exfoliation then wash
mask with heated mitts
wash
then finish with massage

But im worried now!!! And i left all my college notes at home (at work now) and i planned on extra revision whilst here!

I did my manicure course on Saturday and they said that the mask should come after the cuticle work, but wether u massage first or second is a personal preference, i think that the massage after the mask is prefferable as you can then rub in the warmed moisuriser.

KT

I did my manicure course on Saturday and they said that the mask should come after the cuticle work, but wether u massage first or second is a personal preference, i think that the massage after the mask is prefferable as you can then rub in the warmed moisuriser.

KT

Absolutely. I was also taught that it is personal preference. I prefer to do cuticle work, exfoliant, mask then massage

HTHsxx

I too have my first assesment tonight. Doing manicure with hand mask.
I thought your list was right but i plan on doing it like this:

Consultation
file, shape etc
cuticle work
exfoliation then wash
mask with heated mitts
wash
then finish with massage

But im worried now!!! And i left all my college notes at home (at work now) and i planned on extra revision whilst here!

hi thanks for replying! dont worry you will be fine! i am going to double check with someone who did the same treatment last week when i get to college to make sure i get it right! I did the exfoliation manicure last week, I did the manicure work first, then the scrub massage, used hot towels to remove the scrub then applied the massage lotion, followed by a dark polish after squeak cleaning the nails to remove excess lotion etc. If you make a mistake just dont say out loud that you have and just carry on as normal. The tutor may not notice if you dont point it out to her! When doing my assessment last week i picked up the wrong bottle (i was about to put the massage lotion on before the scrub!) but I realised and just put the bottle back on the trolley and carried on as normal - and i still passed! The best of luck for tonight hun let me know how it goes wont you?! ps when is your computer assessment?

hi thanks for replying! dont worry you will be fine! i am going to double check with someone who did the same treatment last week when i get to college to make sure i get it right! I did the exfoliation manicure last week, I did the manicure work first, then the scrub massage, used hot towels to remove the scrub then applied the massage lotion, followed by a dark polish after squeak cleaning the nails to remove excess lotion etc. If you make a mistake just dont say out loud that you have and just carry on as normal. The tutor may not notice if you dont point it out to her! When doing my assessment last week i picked up the wrong bottle (i was about to put the massage lotion on before the scrub!) but I realised and just put the bottle back on the trolley and carried on as normal - and i still passed! The best of luck for tonight hun let me know how it goes wont you?! ps when is your computer assessment?

hi again! thinking back i think you are right about the massage with the lotion at the very end! will double check to be on the safe side! thanks for that! xx

ps when is your computer assessment?

erm, Pass?

I am doing NVQ2 at college and this is our first assesment. Well, really it should be just a simple manicure but tutor said if we feel confident to through in a mask as well, and i thought heck why not!

I am looking forward to it though i must say. I so love my course and it helps that my tutor really knows her stuff. She spent years working as a nail tech before getting into teaching. Its all very interesting stuff.

hi yes my tutor did the same and even had her own salon before getting into teaching. I have just practiced the hand mask on my friend this morning but because I didnt have any heated mitts I used hot (but not too hot!) water and plastic bags on her hands! it still has the same effect and her hands felt lovely and soft at the end! i finished it with a french manicure (she always chooses that one) and it looked really nice! she has stiff painful fingers and said they were tingling and felt much better which made me feel good knowing i had helped! I will let you know how my assessment goes tomorrow night! good luck!
x:eek:

Well, had the assesment last night.
Thought it was just a formative assesment but my tutor passed me on a summerative so am very very chuffed!
First time i think i have ever done something acedemic so well!!
Very pleased with myself and looking forward to completing another 2 assesments and then moving onto pedicures.

How did you get on?

well done on passing! mine is tonight so will let you know later how it goes! think i am going to do the hand mask treatment have revised on all three just to be on the safe side! I have asked her to make sure she has no nail polish on just to save time lol! wish me luck! xx

woo! so pleased i was really nervous but my nerves settled when i got going! the correct procedure for the hand mask is:

consultation
file bevel buff
cuticle cream
soak
massage mask onto the arm and hand
place in plastic and put inside heated mitts (I used the low setting which was still pretty hot!)
leave for ten to fifteen mins
wipe off with hot towel (slightly larger than a face cloth) (one for each arm)
massage in the massage lotion
squeak clean the nails
polish

I made sure i asked my client if she was ok all the time, if her chair was ok, if the heat setting was too high and told her to tell me if it got uncomfortable. I also checked the mitts with my hands to make sure they werent too hot. I chatted my way through it (without stopping what i was doing) and my tutor said i did really well and had a good customer and polishing technique! there were two other assessors there too and they sat right behind me so was a bit more nerve racking but I did it! They even looked at my finished results! am so chuffed just two more treatments to go now - the hot wax and the warm oil, then the online exam on 2nd dec (my birthday - will be a great birthday if I pass that one too!!) Got my next one next tues and will prob do the hot wax treatment. Oh and to finish the day I got two more merits for my assignments which are all finished now - no more to do! wooo! and my friend asked me to be godmother to her baby so its been a really good day! phew! and relax.............:lol:!

Latest posts

Back