Harmony Gelish colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am due to retrain with Gelish on 26/04 and am looking to order some colours in. Howver, I dont have a lot of spare cash to buy loads to start so wanted some opinions as to which colours would be best to start with. I know I need a fairly plain nude one with fine glitter for clients who cant really have polish but am stuck on what colours to get to cover the bases if you see what I mean?

Any advice welcome :) xx

Your Gelish educator will have colour wheels for you to see and choose from.

My fav glitter is Vegas nights (a fine holo glitter). Hot rod red is my most popular colour, I use Taupe Model as my nude colour. Passion and sweet morning dew are popular spring colours for me x

Hi - IMO it's a minefield when ordering new colours as everyone has different tastes. The colours I didn't think would be so popular (caution, plum and done) have been my most popular and the ones I thought would be most requested I haven't used at all....

My advice would be to buy your main colours (blue, red, purple, pink, brown, white and sheer for French) and some sparkle ones like waterfield etc to mix and match/add a sparkly coat over a block colour ...

I'm sorry if I haven't helped much x

Hi - IMO it's a minefield when ordering new colours as everyone has different tastes. The colours I didn't think would be so popular (caution, plum and done) have been my most popular and the ones I thought would be most requested I haven't used at all....

My advice would be to buy your main colours (blue, red, purple, pink, brown, white and sheer for French) and some sparkle ones like waterfield etc to mix and match/add a sparkly coat over a block colour ...

I'm sorry if I haven't helped much x

No that's great thanks, I just wanted to know the base ones like blue red purple etc as you listed then and then I can add to them. I know the instructor will have all the colours but I just wanted an idea of the normal popular ones and then I can build from there xx

No that's great thanks, I just wanted to know the base ones like blue red purple etc as you listed then and then I can add to them. I know the instructor will have all the colours but I just wanted an idea of the normal popular ones and then I can build from there xx

You're welcome - I've found that by using a sheer sparkle polish (e.g. Waterfield) I can make any colour look completely different which is ideal when you're on a tight budget!! Like I said though, I made sure I had a red, blue, purple and pink shade and got simple sheer and arctic white to do French manicures and got 'lots of dots', 'waterfield', 'June bride' amongst others to change the look of each colour .... X

You're welcome - I've found that by using a sheer sparkle polish (e.g. Waterfield) I can make any colour look completely different which is ideal when you're on a tight budget!! Like I said though, I made sure I had a red, blue, purple and pink shade and got simple sheer and arctic white to do French manicures and got 'lots of dots', 'waterfield', 'June bride' amongst others to change the look of each colour .... X

I know what you mean. In my course, I get provided with a red and a pink and white for French. I have been browsing and have picked out a lovely black, red, pink, blue and the June bride. There is also a silver glitter one similar to June bride but the name escapes me ;) xx

I hate Black Shadow, it takes 3 or preferably 4 coats for the best coverage.
Anyone got any suggestions as to an alternative?
All the ACG colours I have cover better than most Gelish, does anyone know if their black is better?

I hate Black Shadow, it takes 3 or preferably 4 coats for the best coverage.
Anyone got any suggestions as to an alternative?
All the ACG colours I have cover better than most Gelish, does anyone know if their black is better?

My black shadow is the same but was looking at ibd's black lava as I'm starting to use these as a range too. I hope that would come out better than gelish black x

For pinks I would get Pink Smoothie (which is a light pink) and Gossip Girl (gorgeous) and Passion (very popular corally pink) for reds either Red Y to wear or red roses or hot rod red (all quite similar so any of these you'll be safe to start with) for a dark red Black Cherry Berry, for nude Taupe Mode, the white for French Artic Freeze. Then you can slowly slowly build up but these will get you started, although all clients are different. Hth xxx

My black shadow was awful so I tried the Gellux one and it's great, quite a thick consistency but looks lovely.x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396650746.169606.jpg

Latest posts

Back