Has anyone else deactivated their Facebook account?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly mine are funny! :)

Yours are sooo funny, when it was the Olympics I thought of you when Jessie j came on and looked on Facebook and you had a funny status lol. And poor Gary hahaha it does make me laugh. 'I'm a gay icon' lol xx

All people are on facebook for is to have a good nose at what you're doing! I only have a few friends on it.

I think I'll be deactivating mine shortly. I never use it. There's also this indignation people seem to feel if I don't accept a friend request.

If you're not someone I would hang out with in my "real" life, I certainly don't want you in my virtual life.

For me, Facebook has become redundant and boring.

Last edited:
Yes I deactivated about 5 months ago! Got sick of having to constantly reset my security to private! So I left, best thing I ever did! I was like an addict with the stupid thing! Do I miss it "hell yes" am I ever going back No way!!! It really is an addiction. Salon geek fills the need which is bad too, but not as bad since its good for work too :) stay strong and never go back!!!

I think I'll be deactivating mine shortly. I never use it. There's also this indignation people seems to feel if I don't a friend request.

If you're not someone I would hang out with in my "real" life, I certainly don't want you in my virtual life.

For me, Facebook has become redundant and boring.

I so agree with this, I had friends on line from school who I never even spoke to and would not hang out with, I remember seeing a girl when I was out and hardly had much to say yet on Facebook was talking like I knew her well! None of my family have it, I don't miss it at all x x

Deactivated mines, too much people on just having a snoop of your pics and what not! Done my head in. I don't miss it at all. All my family get togethers are for my photo album not the whole world to see.

xxxx

I love FB I can't imagine deactivating mine. But I don't use mine as my personal livejournal and don't involve myself in dramas because I don't have any drama-y friends on there. I don't accept friend requests of people I don't wanna talk to and if I do accept one and they don't ever talk to me I delete them. A regular friend cull is a good idea on FB.

Also, anyone who posts every minute boring detail of their life gets hidden from my news feed... along with excessive moaners, people who talk about dieting all the time / only post about their kids and most recently someone who kept posting 'inspirational' religious pictures. See ya!

I deleted mine about 6 months ago too and yep totally best thing ever! It was weird at first but now i dont really think about it, its great! Dont have that hassle of worrying what you may find everytime you log in wether it be a awful picture someone has found and tagged you in or an ex bf with some dodgy pics or just stuff you dont want to see...i deleted mine for a few reasons mainly being i am so private and hated the thought of ppl looking at my pics etc and also having bf's or ex's that had been messy break ups or not quite over and seeing pictures of them with girls hanging off them! lol

The only regret is i cant keep in touch with ppl i met traveling as i dont have everyones emails so i expect i will go bk on one day purely for that reason but i will delete alot of 'rubbish people' lol its a great way of keeoing in touch with real friends here or aborad and business but too many ppl use it as a tool to be nosy and stir things up...

Also I do want to promote my business through fb as its great for that but again due to steaky beaks and me being over private i dont like the idea of everyone knowing what i do exactly, how much i charge, i dunno thats me being silly i expect and i should just get on with a business page if i want...but maybe in a few months or so :)

I have never been on FB is that wired ? X

Ah thank u .... I love SG x

Latest posts

Back