Has anyone got a fireplace in their kitchen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty bits

Reaction score
Basically as above. I've moved home and there is a small fireplace boarded up in the kitchen (currently hidden by worktops). I would like to expose it but unsure how well an open fireplace in a kitchen would work? I've searced online but not getting what I'm looking for. If anyone has anything similar a pic would be great x

Is it a large kitchen in an old house?
Usually, you'd have a chimney with a range cooker so could it have been something like that or is it a small narrow fireplace?

Yes its a big kitchen in an old house that we're renovating but it's a very narrow fireplace and not sure what to do with it. I'm wanting a traditional kitchen in keeping with the house but strugling on how to incorporate it.

I'd probably look for a small pretty wood burning stove. So, something like this perhaps?

You can get black with chrome or brass fittings for added style or a coloured stove. There are some pretty cream ones. In a previous house, we had an old French pink stove. (Tall cylindrical). It wasn't very efficient so more of an attractive room feature but I really wish I'd kept it (and swapped it for an ordinary one when we moved).

image.jpeg

Thank you for the ideas. Can't wait to start on the kitchen but now the bathroom is leeking so now the kitchen is on hold for a little while lol x

Latest posts

Back