Has anyone had or provide light therapy? Is it affordable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrysalis

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm reading lots of info re light therapy for aging, rosacea, acne has anyone had it and would you recommend it?

Also does anyone offer it and are the machines affordable?
Thank you for reading and more so if you reply xx

Hi geeks

I'm reading lots of info re light therapy for aging, rosacea, acne has anyone had it and would you recommend it?

Also does anyone offer it and are the machines affordable?
Thank you for reading and more so if you reply xx

Hi chrysalis. I provide light therapy from my CACI machine. Blue and red light/ blue light is fantastic for healing scars and acne, reducing redness and removing bacteria from the skin to name but a few. I use red light purely for pumping and collagen but this does have a microcurrent attached. I am still working on my extensive portfolio for these treatments but I am confident I will have a client base. Treatments are approx 30 minutes and are roughly £35 but must be used as a course for maximum results. I have to fully understand the behavioural characteristics of muscular and facial tissue and be able to show the results of my treatments before I will offer these as a service to any clients. Im sure there are many machines on the market for this purpose caci is approx 12k but incorporates many functions and abilities. I chose this machine purely as it is a market leader in its field and is widely used in hospitals for burns, strokes and bells palsy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for info virtues I'm looking for mainly stand alone machine if possible. Yes it's also getting clients to commit to regular treatments to get full effects. I find the majority of my clients are "time poor" they can't even book in for botox touch ups!

However this is probably targeting a different client group I'm thinking. Do you have the caci and light treatments yourself?

A few years ago I had a genie take 10 machine, complete rip off! So that has put me off electrical facial machines.

Thanks for info virtues I'm looking for mainly stand alone machine if possible. Yes it's also getting clients to commit to regular treatments to get full effects. I find the majority of my clients are "time poor" they can't even book in for botox touch ups!

However this is probably targeting a different client group I'm thinking. Do you have the caci and light treatments yourself?

A few years ago I had a genie take 10 machine, complete rip off! So that has put me off electrical facial machines.

Yes I have the treatments myself. .but I administer them myself too. I've achieved some good results so far.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, if you're after a stand alone colour therapy unit take a look at the ChromaSolo from Carlton Professional;

http://www.thecarltongroup.co.uk/ChromaSolo-Colour-Therapy-CC2385.html

We've had excellent feedback from therapists who have treated all sorts of conditions over the years, from acne to Tennis elbow to RSI, but personally I believe my eczema has disappeared due to the repeated application of the blue light. It's been 2 years without a break out now, and prior to that my flare ups were less itchy, red and swollen, and reduced each time I applied the blue light.

From memory, I believe the cost of the ChromaSolo is around the £400 mark. Much more affordable than some combination machines!

Ooo thank you I've emailed them and got a reply from omnilux already, their machines are slightly out of my range, and as I have a garden treatment room now I'm mindful of expensive equipment in it.
My dermabrasion machine cost £6000 6 years ago but I've made my money back 10 fold on that, hoping light therapy will add to it. :)

Hi, if you're after a stand alone colour therapy unit take a look at the ChromaSolo from Carlton Professional;

Beauty Equipment

We've had excellent feedback from therapists who have treated all sorts of conditions over the years, from acne to Tennis elbow to RSI, but personally I believe my eczema has disappeared due to the repeated application of the blue light. It's been 2 years without a break out now, and prior to that my flare ups were less itchy, red and swollen, and reduced each time I applied the blue light.

From memory, I believe the cost of the ChromaSolo is around the £400 mark. Much more affordable than some combination machines!

Can I ask what do you charge for light therapy treatment if you don't mind?

Can I ask what do you charge for light therapy treatment if you don't mind?

I don't actually offer treatments with the ChromaSolo for my own clients (only because I need a break from electrical equipment after talking about it all day!), I'm the UK trainer for Carlton Professional, as a guide we recommend you charge around £1 per minute or thereabouts.

There are absolutely no costs involved on a treatment by treatment basis, once you've bought it that's it...so you could charge as little or as much as you like. If you're offering it as a stand alone treatment then you have to make sure you're charging enough to cover for your time, and if you're adding it into a facial (while the mask is on for example), then you could charge less; they're on the couch anyway, so they're paying for your time already, you're simply adding an extra onto your service which utilises the time they are already on the couch.
Hope that makes sense?!

Ah that's brilliant thank you. I've emailed them directly but I am interested and at around that price I can deffo afford it. I didn't realise you work for them so double bonus!
Is training provided? Should I just purchase through you or website?

Pulsar ipl is a brilliant machine i work self employed doing this its not my machine tho so not sure how much etc. The machine can be used for
Photo rejuvenation
Acne
Scaring
Roceasia
Spider veins
Thread veins
Sun damaged skin
Blood spots
Age spots
Pigamentation
And hair removal
There is a few more but i cant do as got to be a nurse who carries out thw other treatment great.machine tho.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
I have been using LED for a couple of years now with excellent results.
I use it mainly after microdermabrasion or chemical peels.
At the time I was advised to purchase a stand alone machine as opposed to hand held devices as apparantly they are more effective .
Bought machine from Skin For Life UK so much cheaper than Omnilux and alike.
Just looked on their website and they are now selling handheld devices?!
Might be worth giving them a call.

Thank yous for your replies very much appreciated :)

Hi Chrysalis

I just wanted to pop on and give you my two pennies :)

Silhouette Dermalift launched The Genesis not too long ago and the results and feedback from our customers has been astounding. There are some before & after pictures on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SilhouetteInternationalLLP?ref=hl

The Genesis is combined ultrasound and light therapy and can be used simultaneously to maximise results and has multiple luminosity functions for dual purpose treatments.

As always with Silhouette Dermalift machines, we offer free on-site demonstrations and all our machines come with on-site certified training and a full support business packages.

We're a UK manufacturer and have a division called Techcare who provide unrivalled aftercare support as standard will all our beauty therapy equipment.

Should you need any further information, feel free to PM me or give me a call and I'll be happy to help.

Good luck in finding your perfect machine, light therapy is a fantastic treatment.

I don't actually offer treatments with the ChromaSolo for my own clients (only because I need a break from electrical equipment after talking about it all day!), I'm the UK trainer for Carlton Professional, as a guide we recommend you charge around £1 per minute or thereabouts.

There are absolutely no costs involved on a treatment by treatment basis, once you've bought it that's it...so you could charge as little or as much as you like. If you're offering it as a stand alone treatment then you have to make sure you're charging enough to cover for your time, and if you're adding it into a facial (while the mask is on for example), then you could charge less; they're on the couch anyway, so they're paying for your time already, you're simply adding an extra onto your service which utilises the time they are already on the couch.
Hope that makes sense?!

Do you use the Chromasolo on top of the mask or do you use it at the end of treatment?

Do you use the Chromasolo on top of the mask or do you use it at the end of treatment?

You can use it either way I add thus in to my treatments as it's something extra and as said before they are already on the couch, I have this machine and it is great.

Kirsty

"We put the treat in your treatment"

Latest posts

Back