Has anyone heard of Sola Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mely-bely

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My best friend lives in another province and she called me to tell me about these absolutely fab nails she just had done. Told me that they were stronger and harder than any other l&p or gel nails she had ever had. No lifting, no chipping, no cracking, etc. She told me they were called Sola Nails and are an l&p product. I quizzed her about it because I was concerned about MMA and they were done at one of the "nail mills" in BC. She told me it didn't have a strong odor and he had no problem filing it with his e-file. Tried to find some info on the web, but so far - nothing. Kind of annoyed me, to be honest, as she never had any lifting, breaking, cracking, etc when I was doing her nails - before I moved away.

Anyone heard of this product before?

Hello everyone,

My best friend lives in another province and she called me to tell me about these absolutely fab nails she just had done. Told me that they were stronger and harder than any other l&p or gel nails she had ever had. No lifting, no chipping, no cracking, etc. She told me they were called Sola Nails and are an l&p product. I quizzed her about it because I was concerned about MMA and they were done at one of the "nail mills" in BC. She told me it didn't have a strong odor and he had no problem filing it with his e-file. Tried to find some info on the web, but so far - nothing. Kind of annoyed me, to be honest, as she never had any lifting, breaking, cracking, etc when I was doing her nails - before I moved away.

Anyone heard of this product before?

The original Solar Nail products were (and still are) produced by Creative Nail Design (CND).

The product you are mentioning is something used by discount salons and is an attempt to 'cash in' on the well known name.

As you say ... she didn't have problems before so why is she raving now about it?? I'd rather have the good personal attention of my nail artist than go to a discount salon and have concrete put on my nails ... the day she does break one will be a day she doesn't forget easily as the pain will be horrendous.

There is a good chance this product is an MMA monomer as I have heard about it for some time now. It is not a brand, it is what these places call it to pass themselves off to make themselves look legitimate .

If you google "solar nails scam" your search will come up with a few hits...

I live on Vancouver Island in BC and have only had one person come to me about it after they got them done in Kelowna....I'd love to know the name of the shop so I could investigate further...but they told her it wasn't l&p!! so I was thinking fiberglass, but the way she described it to me was l&p. I told her it didn't make sense to me and that I have been to numerous trade shows and never heard of it before. Then I did some reaserch online and realized they were pulling her leg....and when I presented that information to her the next time I saw her...she wasn't so happy about her nails anymore...
Hth
-Leanne

the products are Fab! I really dont care what others think on here.....If youre interested n getting the products, Ill let u know how. PM me. They are exported from China. I am a distributer here in Aus. I can help you out there tho. The products are a fraction of the price . This product basically is like buying the generic brand of medication from the chemist........I also have ingredients listings for all of the products. No MMA. The products may be custom banded (hence the confusion over brands) Here in Aus.....a major discout chain called Professionail uses it. It seems as tho these salons are the competition so to speak. The assumption is that they must be using harmful products. Actually, many of the e-files that are promoted as being the best are exactly the same as others on the market. China allows rebranding of products. Basically, U can get an e-file, gel/acrylic/lamp/polish whatever, and call it what you want. If you want the info without the guesswork......and the scare tactics..let me know. I use these products myself as they stay on much better. Hope this helps x

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to be viewed as racist etc...

BUT my concern with getting products from china is simple: there doesn't seem to be any sort of guarantee that you're getting what you've asked for.
There have been SOOOOOOOOOO many recalls on products from china (from children's toys containing lead) & chocolate coins & baby formula containing melamine......) in recent years... that personally, I would not believe one single word of what was written on an ingredient's list.

And to put my client's at risk to save a few dollars is irresponsible.

So, unless it's an e-file, or rhinestones or decals or dried flowers (or similar); there is no way I'm ordering it from china:!:

We all like to save a few dollars, that's normal.
Hey, I'm a champion for the 'underdog' of brands. I like to try things out, and I'm not swayed by a label, fancy packaging or logo. I let the product speak for itself.

But there's a line that we should never cross, as professionals.
When it's putting our client's at risk, we've crossed the line.

So, unless some gov't office can guarantee 1000000% that I can trust the labels for products from china.... you won't catch me purchasing L&P or other from them.

The thing that really cranks me is that they charge MORE for this Sola Nail product!! My sister (not a licensed pro) does her own l&p nails and orders her stuff from China on ebay. (We live on opposite sides of the country which is why I don't do her nails). I told her about the struggles I am having trying to educated people on the value of l&p nails. She suggested I buy the Chinese products as they are less expensive and maybe I would sell more product. I appreciate where she is coming from (only trying to help) but I let her know that I would not ever sell a product that was not from a professional line; one that I could back up with a guarantee and MSDS sheets.

Latest posts

Back