Has anyone joined the Federation of Freelance Hairdressers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzion

Reaction score
Just wondered on your views? I joined at Salon International, I'm not sure I've received anything for my £55, still waiting for my Wella discount, i rang to be told there was a back log at Wella. Emailed local rep to introduce myself, not even had a reply. Bit disappointed. )-:

Yup i joined before i went mobile in the summer. It took a while for my wella account to activate. You can also deal direct with affinage and get 5% off and also at salon supplies you get 20% off.
When my insurance is due for renewal i think i might get theirs as their insurance overrides manufacturers on the skin test front (ie you only need to skin test once a year).

Oh and i had an email off the local rep yesterday letting me know about local courses. Not done any yet but think i will.

Just bumping this one up!

hey fuzion.
Ive been a member for a few months and i also use their insurance.
You get:
10% off Affinage Direct (including Kitoko)
20% off Salonsupplies.co.uk
30% off Wella Direct

I use Affinage as you probably know so i do find it handy to be able to order from them direct, and save that extra bit on orders mounts up.
Affinage do free delivery if you spend over £30, which is very easily done anyway.
I use Salon Supplies occasionally, being 20% off it's basically VAT free so a nice little saving, only used it for a few matrix products and need to get some towels from there too, handy to have for everything other than affinage really.
Cant comment on Wella as i hate the stuff (apart from wellastrate and Headlines perm)

They also have a Forum but it's sh*t in comparison to this, don't even know if you can class it as a forum because i don't think anyone uses it.
They also, i believe, have a technical helpline for members, but as affinage do too, and they know their colours best, i have never needed to use it.

I think £50 is value for money, but only just...i do think that more people signing up to it, can only mean they will start offering bigger and better things and it will be a lot more value for money (thats if the price doesn't rise too much with the extras)

Hope that was some sort of help for you Fuzion :) x

Cheers Kitty and Perry!

I use a lot of Affinage and have it delivered by my local wholesalers, I'll go direct as its free delivery, how long is delivery usually?

Cheers Kitty and Perry!

I use a lot of Affinage and have it delivered by my local wholesalers, I'll go direct as its free delivery, how long is delivery usually?

Depends on the size of the order, the normally try and dispatch same day by first class, but nothing is exact.

Just a tip, don't tell them you have a supplier, and you use it a lot already, just say you have used bits and bobs and you wanna do it properly, sometimes they get a bit funny about supplying people that already have a supplier as they don't want to cause problems and lose the supplier, which i suppose makes sense.

the handy thing about it is, you know its direct from them, so there is less chance of items being out of stock :)

hey fuzion.
Ive been a member for a few months and i also use their insurance.
You get:
10% off Affinage Direct (including Kitoko)
20% off Salonsupplies.co.uk
30% off Wella Direct

I use Affinage as you probably know so i do find it handy to be able to order from them direct, and save that extra bit on orders mounts up.
Affinage do free delivery if you spend over £30, which is very easily done anyway.
I use Salon Supplies occasionally, being 20% off it's basically VAT free so a nice little saving, only used it for a few matrix products and need to get some towels from there too, handy to have for everything other than affinage really.
Cant comment on Wella as i hate the stuff (apart from wellastrate and Headlines perm)

They also have a Forum but it's sh*t in comparison to this, don't even know if you can class it as a forum because i don't think anyone uses it.
They also, i believe, have a technical helpline for members, but as affinage do too, and they know their colours best, i have never needed to use it.

I think £50 is value for money, but only just...i do think that more people signing up to it, can only mean they will start offering bigger and better things and it will be a lot more value for money (thats if the price doesn't rise too much with the extras)

Hope that was some sort of help for you Fuzion :) x

Can I ask. Why do you hate Wella stuff. :)

Can I ask. Why do you hate Wella stuff. :)

Numbering system is horrible, colour is really fake looking, tubes are small and expensive, and the biggest reason...Khaki!

I do like the /7 though but thats the only thing ive ever liked, oh and 12/1 works well...but yeah, thats why lol

Latest posts

Back