Has anyone tried soak off with kitchen roll?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbox81

Reaction score
Just sitting pondering (as always when I'm meant to be writing reports) about whether kitchen roll cut into small squares would be good for Shellac/Gel polish soak off. Trying to reduce the amount of fuzzies I'm currently getting everywhere and find even lint free wipes are pretty linty (probably due to my clammy hands). Not sure if kitchen roll would dry out too quickly though.

I did do a search but couldn't find anything. I'm going to give it a go later on myself I think.

I wouldn't think it would hold enough remover to do the job....let us know how you get on though.

Personally, I don't think the cut up squares would hold enough of the remover product but you could try it.

I use the squares to scrub fresh before my Shellac application. This does cut down on the fuzzies. :)

What about if you used a few squared together? Then again they do still dry up quickly. Keep us posted with your experiment! :) xxxx

I used kitchen roll the other day on myself to soak off my gelish (was at home and had no more cotton pads). It worked perfectly and I found it wasn't as messy? I took a square and folded into four, give it a try! :)

We use it at the salon with no issues x

Well had a go. On one hand it came off as easily if not more easily than with cotton wool and on the other hand it was a bit harder than normal (but I was in a rush so possibly didn't leave it on quite long enough) Used Nourishing remover. Timed first hand for 8.5 mins and 2nd hand forgot to time- hence me thinking I maybe didn't leave it long enough.

It was definitely less faffy and messy than using cotton wool. Won't use it on customers until I've had a few more goes though.

I've used it in an emergency situation too! Cut a square into 4 squares, then fold that in 4 and you have a neat pad... Saturate with acetone/remover and wrap with foil, it does a fine job :)

Xxx

I've used make up remover pads (the cotton ones, not the wet wipes). They are thick enough to soak in the acetone and no fuzzies whatsoever!

Latest posts

Back