Has anyone used Sense Creative for printing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have had 'run-ins; with John! I find him extremely rude, arrogant and very unhelpful.

I'm a Graphic Designer as well, so I know how to set artwork up for print. I deal with a number of printers, but thought I'd try Sense Creative as they were cheap. Bad mistake! I ordered a run of 2,000 leaflets. They were quick, I'll grant them that, but when I opened the boxes, they were all folded in the wrong place, the ink hadn't dried properly, and there were at least 6 different shades of purple and gold - the colours should have all been identical as I only sent one file!

Working with the likes of Tibby Olivier, I need a top-notch product for my clients, so can't afford to waste my time with online companies who won't accept any liability.

They get you to pay upfront, so don't seem to particularly care when you have issues.
Carl, I agree, it's important to get a good product for a good price, and I would've been happy with that, but all I got was a very poor product, abuse down the phone and am still out of pocket as the printing was no good to anyone AND I had to fork out to send the job to another printer.

I now only deal with local trusted printers, so I can pick up the phone or pop along to the studio to make sure my work is always turned out as I expect it. With a little negotiation, I also get really good rates.

I would never never never use Sense Creative again - grrrr!

Maybe we can help you? We do a lot of printing for fellow geeks on here and I am sure there are many who will testify to that and our prices are good, in places even cheaper then sense creative. Feel free to message us :)

Well- to be honest, I've had well over 1,000 print jobs done via Sensecreative over the past few years, and a handful have been dodgy. Printing is a mechanical process and can occasionally go wrong of course.

HOWEVER- bearing in mind I've made them thousands and thousands of pounds (my design fees in comparison to the printing costs are tiny- and even I get spoken to and ignored!)- I will NOT tolerate particular people (I won't mention names as it's unkind) speaking to my clients in such a shocking manner as has happened one too many times recently. I won't go into specifics as they have no right of reply.

So, I've stopped suggesting them- and I'm suggesting people ought to think about Banner Penguin instead.

I bumped into Adam on this very forum and I like the fact that he's as interested in the wellbeing of his clients as I am. Not just a fast buck.

It helps that we're both Salon Geekers and it's nice that we can stick together- but that's by no means the reason I suggest people use him. Everyone so far has been impressed.

I've just had some leaflets designed by Carl and I am using banner penguin to print them. I am looking forward to receiving them

Jemima :)

Last edited:
If anyone is on twitter, its worth following Jenny @yourweeprint
They are currently doing two roll up display banners for £99 **
I've been impressed with them & they seem lovely

** 2 different designs, padded case & free delivery

Last edited:
If anyone is on twitter, its worth following Jenny @yourweeprint
They are currently doing two roll up display banners for £99
I've been impressed with them & they seem lovely

They do seem good in some offers but we do 2 for £90.00 as a standard price, not an offer.

Sounds good.
However it's a free world and competition is healthy! I've been impressed with their quality & customer service and so just wanting to spread the word and support another woman in business!

Last edited:
Of course. I have seen many offers they do and happy customers :)

I'm a graphic designer and just tried to use Sense Creative for printing. My feedback? Don't waste your time with this company.

I wasted several hours of my life going back and forth by email with somebody who couldn't give me a straight answer to normal pre-press questions, wouldn't give me a quote, and wouldn't even look at my artwork to advise about Spot UV location.

Their customer service email has such an aggressive spam filter it rejects half the emails you send anyway, which in itself is a huge, frustrating waste of time. When you ask for an email address that doesn't do this, they refuse that also.

Save yourself the headache I ended up with… and go elsewhere.

for the first time ever I got some 'proper printing' done! lol

leaflets and flyers. My original print co, couldn't be bothered to phone me back with a quote.....

So Banner Penguin sorted me out! cheers!

( I do have a problem pronoucing their name..and it comes out a bit rude when I say it.....I'm sure I'm not the first :biggrin:)

I had a banner designed by Carl, and emailed everythinh across to Sense creative to ask which of 2 files he would need. No reply, just got an email 2 weeks later explaining id uploaded the wrong thing so it didnt print well. I called and explained I had put the money throuhj az requested and then emailed him both files to ask which one was righy ans ensure there were no problems.
I expected a reply then for my banner to be made. He just went ahead and made it with the wrong one out of the 2 images I sent.
Called and got told that its no refund and id have to pay an additional £60 on top of the £60 id already paid to get it redone.
Needless to say I didnt. And he kept £60 of my money for nothing.
Hideouslu rude and as said here so many timss previously, awful customer service.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

p.s. MY design was fine :) Wasn't it Nietta? lol

Perfect as always Carl!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back