Has anyone used these with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
And if so, how please??
Forgot my photos still don't upload...
They are diamond shaped metal studs!!

Upload your images to here:

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

On this site it enables you to upload it & then it gives it a link name that is accepted on this page when you upload it...

(See the world map with a chain through it... Then you click on that, a box comes up & you drop the photobucket link name into there. The image then happily uploads here)...

I place mine in uncured topcoat, cure, then TC again (over the studs, allowing TC to run down the sides of the studs before placing back in lamp)

I used to just place in wet TC, but found clients would lose the studs before their next appointment - maybe they're just heavy handed?

HTHs xx

Just did this last night to practice on my nails for a client tonight.

Put it into uncured top coat, cured, then dotted a bit more top coat round the edges of the shape to completely seal it. It isn't going anywhere! :D

Attachments

• stripes.jpg
    stripes.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 454
I like the idea of just adding a little more top coat. I gind 2 full top coats makes removal a night mare!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

They also last in vinylux very well. My mum had hers on her toes for 4 weeks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I place mine in uncured topcoat, cure, then TC again (over the studs, allowing TC to run down the sides of the studs before placing back in lamp)

I used to just place in wet TC, but found clients would lose the studs before their next appointment - maybe they're just heavy handed?

HTHs xx

Thank you :) I'll try that & see how I get on 😊

Just did this last night to practice on my nails for a client tonight.

Put it into uncured top coat, cured, then dotted a bit more top coat round the edges of the shape to completely seal it. It isn't going anywhere! :D

Thanks Izzy :) lovely nails! Where do you buy your studs from?

Hey I usually put them on top of the second colour coat then topcoat over it and they stay fine!

Also just a quick shellac prep question , and probably a stupid sounding one too, what is d solve & d sperse needed for exactly? I already have all the cnd ipa, scrubfresh, acetone & nourishing remover. It says on my email for the cnd art & style course that I need d solve & d sperse too?

Hey I usually put them on top of the second colour coat then topcoat over it and they stay fine!

Also just a quick shellac prep question , and probably a stupid sounding one too, what is d solve & d sperse needed for exactly? I already have all the cnd ipa, scrubfresh, acetone & nourishing remover. It says on my email for the cnd art & style course that I need d solve & d sperse too?

D solve - like ACCETONE (removed product from the nail)
D sperse - use on the inhibition layer (topcoat!) last thing you wipe the nails with :)

D solve - like ACCETONE (removed product from the nail)
D sperse - use on the inhibition layer (topcoat!) last thing you wipe the nails with :)

Thank so much for your reply, i already have the cnd ipa to remove the inhibition layer & the cnd acetonev& nourishing remover, do I still need to but the d solve & d sperse for the course too?

Thank so much for your reply, i already have the cnd ipa to remove the inhibition layer & the cnd acetonev& nourishing remover, do I still need to but the d solve & d sperse for the course too?

I wouldn't imagine so if you already have the other products. Maybe give them a phone before hand? But I'd say your safe with what you have :)

I wouldn't imagine so if you already have the other products. Maybe give them a phone before hand? But I'd say your safe with what you have :)

Hopefully it will be ok, already gonna owe a fortune after visiting the show ;) will give a ring anyways, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back