Has nail biting caused this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give yourself a huge pat on the back. Amazing.

What a transformation! No wonder you get excited to see them, I would too! They look great, I hope they kick the habit and keep up to their nails because you've done a fab job xx

Ah well done bet they are thrilled! How are those thumb grooves? Xx

Just wanted to say they look amazing, a real credit to all your hard work and perseverance getting them to that length. Well done you... and them of course :) xx

Ah well done bet they are thrilled! How are those thumb grooves? Xx

Looking a lot better. The last 2 colours she's chosen (2x cocoa with m&r and wildfire) have masked the problem giving her more confidence. She can't wait for brisa lite though, we will be using that too hide it until its grown out. She's loving the red nails xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

These are amazing! I'm trying to stop my husband from biting his nails! Wish me luck haha x

Wow, what a difference you've made, well done :) xx

These are amazing! I'm trying to stop my husband from biting his nails! Wish me luck haha x

Would he be up to having a NNO of hard gel, buffed to a matte finish? With hard gel you could just let it grow out blending it occasionally. Of course, you could throw in a massage ;)

Here are the latest pics. Used Brisa lite smoothing on the thumbs of nail biter 2 which filled the gaps in more than Shellac does. She's very pleased, its just a shame it hasn't filled it up properly.
je2erahu.jpg
vazapuny.jpg
4u2edapy.jpg

They look fab you've really made a difference to their hands and that groove looks to be growing out quickly! One suggestion would be to use a colour with less shimmer (such as fedora) as the shimmer catches the light and magnifies the problem. The daughters nails look amazing would never guess she'd been a biter! X

They look fab you've really made a difference to their hands and that groove looks to be growing out quickly! One suggestion would be to use a colour with less shimmer (such as fedora) as the shimmer catches the light and magnifies the problem. The daughters nails look amazing would never guess she'd been a biter! X

I did suggest that but she still hides her thumbs so she wanted a colour she was happy with lol. Her confidence has boomed and its growing out so nicely. Can't believe how bad they looked prior to her coming to me. Client for life I think, she already told a few other friends to come to me, just waiting for them to contact me. 2 of them are also biters lol.

I know the daughters nails are amazing, just wish she would stop picking. She had 2 bare nails on each hand where she's picked it all off and the other 2 fingers were half off. She never touches her thumbs, think she's scared she will end up with thumbs like mum lol xx

Hi geeks

I had a lovely new client in last night with her daughter. Both of them are nail biters, the mum is worse than the daughter as she's been biting most of her life.

As expected there was a lot of cuticle build up and I'm pretty sure I've sold them on the fact solar oil will help, I didn't shut up about it! Anyway the mums thumb nails had big dips in them. I want to say ridges but its just the one and it'd very big and deep. It's on both thumbs. She did mention her brother has the same thing and he's a nail biter too. Here's a picture of the thumbs. Both myself and my client would like to know what this is so if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

5ugebe6y.jpg

Looks like Beau's lines

I did suggest that but she still hides her thumbs so she wanted a colour she was happy with lol. Her confidence has boomed and its growing out so nicely. Can't believe how bad they looked prior to her coming to me. Client for life I think, she already told a few other friends to come to me, just waiting for them to contact me. 2 of them are also biters lol.

I know the daughters nails are amazing, just wish she would stop picking. She had 2 bare nails on each hand where she's picked it all off and the other 2 fingers were half off. She never touches her thumbs, think she's scared she will end up with thumbs like mum lol xx

They look amazing I'd be thrilled if I was them! The mum has made a real mess of those thumbs but u can literally see it growing out before your eyes!! I had my own nail biter in after persuading her using your story as an example! Was doing really well until she got ill and had to have an operation and bit then all off!! I love a project! And I hate a picker thou have to admit I am one!!! Whoops! Xx

Here are the latest pics of my nail biters nails. It's been 2 months now.

qe8a2y9e.jpg
gatugaju.jpg
7yzabyne.jpg

Wow, that's an amazing difference! x

Since my last photo update I have done these for my nail biters. I'm so pleased with their progress its been amazing. I know longer class the daughter as a nail biter, she hasn't bitten since it was first applied in December however she has picked it off twice and got a smacked hand for it lol xx
yqenymuq.jpg
ge3uvuba.jpg
uturequ4.jpg

And here are the thumbs now. Such an improvement since the first appointment.
7azy8ehe.jpg

Since my last photo update I have done these for my nail biters. I'm so pleased with their progress its been amazing. I know longer class the daughter as a nail biter, she hasn't bitten since it was first applied in December however she has picked it off twice and got a smacked hand for it lol xx
yqenymuq.jpg
ge3uvuba.jpg
uturequ4.jpg

Wow that's amazing!! Well done you, and your ex-nail biters! You should download an app where you can put the pictures side by side, before & after :) x

Wow that's amazing!! Well done you, and your ex-nail biters! You should download an app where you can put the pictures side by side, before & after :) x

Yeah I've stupidly got rid of all the orginal photos so only have the ones where I've already put them into grids etc. Will see what I can do xx

Absolutely amazing! You should be SO proud & pleased with yourself!! Jeez, I would be ;) This should be used as a Shellac Campaign!! Phenomenal success! Congratulations :)

Back