Has nail biting caused this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you got them both on CND Cuticle Eraser too? CND recommendations are Cuticle Eraser + SolarOil together in the morning as a moisture pack, then SolarOil again in the evening (although up to 4 times a day would be good for these).

Cuticle Eraser uses a blend of alpha-hydroxy acids (A.H.A.s) to micro-exfoliate and condition the surrounding skin, as well as moisturising the nail plate itself - see if you can get them to use it and they will see a marked difference in their skin, making it less tempting to pick/chew! x

I've just got a few tubes in to retail but I didn't think about it at their appointments because its still in the box, oops! Will definitely recommend it to them at their next appointments. Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Have you got them both on CND Cuticle Eraser too? CND recommendations are Cuticle Eraser + SolarOil together in the morning as a moisture pack, then SolarOil again in the evening (although up to 4 times a day would be good for these).

Cuticle Eraser uses a blend of alpha-hydroxy acids (A.H.A.s) to micro-exfoliate and condition the surrounding skin, as well as moisturising the nail plate itself - see if you can get them to use it and they will see a marked difference in their skin, making it less tempting to pick/chew! x

Sorry to butt in. Would cuticle eraser be ok to use on top of a shellacked nail? Wouldn't it scratch or compromise the shellac or dull the shine if you're rubbing away? Thanks as I'd be very interested in this x

Sorry to butt in. Would cuticle eraser be ok to use on top of a shellacked nail? Wouldn't it scratch or compromise the shellac or dull the shine if you're rubbing away? Thanks as I'd be very interested in this x

No its fine when used with the solar oil. I use it on my clients at end of every service and on myself everynight and mine is never compromised in any way. Xx

No its fine when used with the solar oil. I use it on my clients at end of every service and on myself everynight and mine is never compromised in any way. Xx

Thanks. Do they wait for a bit of re growth area before they start rubbing away? Sorry if I'm being thick but I'm imagining it to be like little micro dermabrasion balls that will scratch and dull the shellac?.,,,,,

Hi waffle

Cuticle eraser is smooth and has no little balls/exfoliation type bits in it- that I can feel anyway. I use that with solar oil on every client I shellac as a little moisture pack or explain it as a shampoo and conditioner for nails.

hth x x x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Hi waffle

Cuticle eraser is smooth and has no little balls/exfoliation type bits in it- that I can feel anyway. I use that with solar oil on every client I shellac as a little moisture pack or explain it as a shampoo and conditioner for nails.

hth x x x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Thanks :) yes I was imagining like what you put on your face. X

Sorry, also, do you do it at the beginning or end of shellac application? What is rrp of cuticle eraser? Thanks x

Sorry, also, do you do it at the beginning or end of shellac application? What is rrp of cuticle eraser? Thanks x

At the end of your Shellac application, with your SolarOil as a moisture pack - think of Cuticle Eraser as your shampoo and SolarOil as your conditioner! A 15g Cuticle Eraser retails at £11.95. It's a GREAT retail item, especially in winter. :)

Here are the nails after second removal and third application of Shellac. Mums been picking quite badly but I've retailed cuticle eraser to them this time so fingers crossed no picking. They've both gone for darker colours than they've had previously.
pe6u3emu.jpg
3agy5e5a.jpg
da9uqy5e.jpg

You can see the improvement on mums thumbs too and that's after just 4 weeks. We are hoping the new Brisa lite smoothing gel will help to hide this problem until it grows out. Feb can't come soon enough.

Xx

Wow! What a difference they both look much better :) well done must be satisfying to see there nails looking much better lets hope they keep it up.Xx

that is amazing! They look really good!

I have been on at my mum to have shellac to stop her nail biting so I might just use your ladies to try inspire her... plus it gives me an excuse to practice!! :wink2:

You're on your way to your very own success stories! Congratulations on your perserverence!

Their nails are looking worlds better!!

Thank you all. This is going to sound really corny but I get really excited on the day of their appointments, makes me love what I do even more than normal. Knowing the damage to the thumbs is growing out too is a huge boost for me and them.

They are thrilled to bits with the fact they are growing their own nails and I'm so proud of them. The mum is that impressed she wants a voucher next time as a gift for her friend. She works at the same company as my mum so other than my mum she is now a walking advertisement for me. It's proof that Shellac really is amazing.

Xc

Just wanted to chime in and say that you've done a great job! I love seeing the improvement with each reapplication :)

Wow, that's a huge difference. Its amazing to see the difference in just a few weeks. If that's not motivation for any biter, then I don't know what is!

They were back last night for their 4th Shellac Manicures. I've somehow managed to delete the photos just after removal, I blame lack of sleep the past week lol. Anyway they both shocked me by choosing more in your face colours this time. Here are the pics xx

Phone won't let me upload at the moment will try again later.

Here they are lol
yganaban.jpg
besy5u8e.jpg
qyjugymy.jpg

Whoops uploaded same one twice xx

Wow this is fantastic! I want a nail biter, and I know just the person, I'm going to get me one

Stephie! they are fab! I love it, please keep up your good work :) x

Thanks guys I can't wait for their next appointments now. Wonder what colours they will go for next time lol x

Latest posts

Back