Have Shrinking Violet body wraps taken off for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has Shrinking Violet been good for your business?

• Yes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
It's been proven to work. End of story. If your clients aren't seeing the benefits then you're either not carrying out the treatment correctly, or they aren't following aftercare. (Or there are underlying health issues that you'd know about from consultation - if that was done properly)

There's no hazy vague ideas here - its a product that works - FACT.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I saw this too. I'm not here to criticize the shrinking violet body wrap I would just like to know if there are any doctors/scientist that will say; 'yes the shrinking violet does work...etc. Other than searching the internet for answers only to find on the naked scientists;

'Lipolysis which is the breakdown of triglycerides and fat to its constituent free fatty acids and glycerol is a highly controlled and sophisticated biochemical process, and no amount of wrapping will induce this to occur in the fat cells' and that even if it did work it would be 'dangerous.'

I will email Tibby Oliver now and ask for clarification.

Has this doctor actually researched shrinking Violet though? The active ingredient and it's effects when absorbed? I very much doubt it.

Probably not, I've emailed Tibby Oliver and look forward to their response as it is something I'm very interested in offering as a treatment x

There are purely distributors! It makes no difference to them whether it works or not, if they have no call for it - they will remove it from their list.
Gotta disagree there. Being a distributor is a massive gamble financially and reputation wise. If a big company like SS decided to invest, you can bet your bottom dollar that they did their homework on this product. Good products take time and money to develop.

It's the same for nail enhancements and other treatments - I've known doctors to tell people that nail enhancements will kill their unborn child, ludicrous. Let's face it, a doctor is not an expert in the field of beauty. Same as we don't diagnose medical conditions and prescribe treatment as we are not qualified to do so x

Yes but there is bound to one doctor who says 'yes it does work.' Just like there are doctors who say nail enhancements are fine.

Exactly, so I wouldn't take the word of an internet doctor about a revolutionary product x

Definately wont be taking their word for it, I like to get several different views on things before I decide on things x

In reply to the OP's original question - no :( I was so excited too! I've only had two people enquire and one book a course, nowhere near what I was expecting after reading all the hype about it! Back to the marketing drawing board! X

Gotta disagree there. Being a distributor is a massive gamble financially and reputation wise. If a big company like SS decided to invest, you can bet your bottom dollar that they did their homework on this product. Good products take time and money to develop.

That all depends if S2 are stockists or distributors. I am led to believe S2 are a distributor to this product, they have authority to market and distribute it but they do not pay for the goods upfront. .. stockists invest in the product and pay up front for it.... so depending on what they are maybe it would give a hint ... but anyway .... like anything some will like it some won't. .. I've never used it so I can't comment if it works ...I only commented on the distributor point. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

And on that note, how much do you charge for your NSL body wraps? Which is completely irrelevant to the original post... So since you don't do shrinking violet I'm not sure why you felt the need to reply in the first place :-D

I don't service any body wraps, and I don't need your permission to comment on any post... but thanks for your concern.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was one of the first therapists in the South East to take on Shrinking Violet as I wanted an alternative to the messy mud/clay wraps. After extensive searching, I found this product and private company which sounded amazing - too good to be true because nothing had ticked all the boxes with fat loss resulting in inch loss, skin firming and cellulite reduction!!

As I come from a science background I then did my research on the ingredients and had faith in the fact that Tibby Olivier is infact a cosmetologist and had hand-formulated Shrinking Violet to be the best it possibly can be, and at the maximum topical strength to enter the beauty industry and achieve the results we all desire. At the time, there was nowhere local enough for me to try it so I trusted the facts and bought the kits and never looked back. I have never ever not had anyone lose inches. Every single client has been over the moon and it actually doubled my income. The pictures of clients speak for themselves!

With regards to the science, this will be explained on the courses. The active ingredient is Hydrolysed Lecithin at 20% - maximum topical strength. Lecithin has been used for many, many years and can be purchased from health food shops in a number of forms for help reduce cholesterol and body fat. It is even in many of these new meal replacement products. Nothing new with this whatsoever but what Tibby Olivier have done is formulate it within an oil so that it penetrates the skin quickly and easily to find the fat cells and work on them this way. Under a microscope, Hydrolysed Lecithin has a head which is hydrophillic (attracted to water) and two tails which are hydrophobic (repelled by water). They therefore are active and have movement to get to where they want to be eg fat cell membrane. The fat cell membrane continuously allows particles in and out as required through receptors and channels, and luckily for us we can get the Shrinking Violet in to release the intracellular fat, which turns to free fatty acids, releases into the intersistial space (free space) and drains into the lymphatic system. This process actively works for 72 hours where fat loss results in more and more inch loss. Depending on how many billions of fat cells your client may have, and how full they are, is not something we can guess but some clients get an amazing inch loss from one and some may need upto six.

I hope that clarifies a little and I personally would never even look at another brand or a copycat version when this company has history and revolutionised body wraps.

I dont come on here often so may not be able to reply quick but if ever in doubt contact them directly.

I was one of the first therapists in the South East to take on Shrinking Violet as I wanted an alternative to the messy mud/clay wraps. After extensive searching, I found this product and private company which sounded amazing - too good to be true because nothing had ticked all the boxes with fat loss resulting in inch loss, skin firming and cellulite reduction!!

As I come from a science background I then did my research on the ingredients and had faith in the fact that Tibby Olivier is infact a cosmetologist and had hand-formulated Shrinking Violet to be the best it possibly can be, and at the maximum topical strength to enter the beauty industry and achieve the results we all desire. At the time, there was nowhere local enough for me to try it so I trusted the facts and bought the kits and never looked back. I have never ever not had anyone lose inches. Every single client has been over the moon and it actually doubled my income. The pictures of clients speak for themselves!

With regards to the science, this will be explained on the courses. The active ingredient is Hydrolysed Lecithin at 20% - maximum topical strength. Lecithin has been used for many, many years and can be purchased from health food shops in a number of forms for help reduce cholesterol and body fat. It is even in many of these new meal replacement products. Nothing new with this whatsoever but what Tibby Olivier have done is formulate it within an oil so that it penetrates the skin quickly and easily to find the fat cells and work on them this way. Under a microscope, Hydrolysed Lecithin has a head which is hydrophillic (attracted to water) and two tails which are hydrophobic (repelled by water). They therefore are active and have movement to get to where they want to be eg fat cell membrane. The fat cell membrane continuously allows particles in and out as required through receptors and channels, and luckily for us we can get the Shrinking Violet in to release the intracellular fat, which turns to free fatty acids, releases into the intersistial space (free space) and drains into the lymphatic system. This process actively works for 72 hours where fat loss results in more and more inch loss. Depending on how many billions of fat cells your client may have, and how full they are, is not something we can guess but some clients get an amazing inch loss from one and some may need upto six.

I hope that clarifies a little and I personally would never even look at another brand or a copycat version when this company has history and revolutionised body wraps.

I dont come on here often so may not be able to reply quick but if ever in doubt contact them directly.
Wish I was clever like you. X

Very comprehensive response, thank you.

As I said, I completed my SV course yesterday and didn't lose anything after my wrap, I know I was dehydrated, so wasn't that worried. Today, having drank loads of water since yesterday afternoon, I have lost a lot from my thighs - I know because I can feel it in my trousers! It works.

Not to question your background, I'm just interested in what your science background is - just curious :)

Thanks again for this info.

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Tremendous description! X

Sadly it has not taken off over here in oz, really frustrating when you live in a beachy town!! The company really needs to get behind the marketing etc over here as it's hard to push something that no one has heard of, and having the niche in the market makes it even more frustrating :( x

Sweet Squared have now announced they will NO LONGER BE STOCKING Shrinking Violet and have put a sale on to phase out this product.

I'm not surprised... it was only a matter of time before they and their customers (being us the beauticians) realised this product is NOT what it claims.

Sweet Squared have now announced they will NO LONGER BE STOCKING Shrinking Violet and have put a sale on to phase out this product.

I'm not surprised... it was only a matter of time before they and their customers (being us the beauticians) realised this product is NOT what it claims.

Really?! I know there's a Sale on but haven't heard this ??

Really?! I know there's a Sale on but haven't heard this ??

Hi H - Read the thread under this one on the skin forum - Contour wraps vs shrinking violet towards the end, it may shed some light for you.

Latest posts

Back