Have you ever accidentally nipped your client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_princess

Reaction score
Today during a pedicure the client had very thick dead tissue around the base of her left toenail long story short I accidentally nipped her and she bled a little. I didn't touch that nail with any files/buffer after that and immediately sterilised my tools. Popped a drop of cuticle oil and massaged it in and its stopped bleeding. This does happen to me very occasionally times but usually the nip is so small it doesn't bleed til 2 minutes after ive finished removing the dead tissue. We all make mistakes right? :( feeling disheartened. The client didn't seem to mind too much hopefully. Can you give me any tips to make sure this doesn't happen again or is at least a very rare occurrence?

Of course, I find I'm more bothered then my clients, it only tends to happen with those who don't practice good after care so it's a good opportunity to remind them to do their part too.

your client has probably forgotten all about it already and is too busy admiring the pretty polish :)

It's sooo annoying when it happens isn't it? I've only done it once, and like you, it stopped bleeding basically straight away and the client said she felt no pain but I still apologised lots! All we can really do is be very careful. I only remove cuticle if there is quite a lot of excess, and still don't go too close to the living tissue. Cuticles are there for a reason to stop bacteria entering into the finger so removing every bit of cuticle every time isn't great (not implying at all that you do this!). Brand new cuticle nippers can also be the reason too, that's where I got caught out last time, thinking that they would be as blunt as my old ones lol. Hygiene wise you did everything perfect though and your client will know it was a mistake, don't be disheartened [emoji4]x

Yep I've done it. If they have very overgrown thick cuticles it can happen because it's so hard to tell where it ends!

Today during a pedicure the client had very thick dead tissue around the base of her left toenail long story short I accidentally nipped her and she bled a little. I didn't touch that nail with any files/buffer after that and immediately sterilised my tools. Popped a drop of cuticle oil and massaged it in and its stopped bleeding. This does happen to me very occasionally times but usually the nip is so small it doesn't bleed til 2 minutes after ive finished removing the dead tissue. We all make mistakes right? :( feeling disheartened. The client didn't seem to mind too much hopefully. Can you give me any tips to make sure this doesn't happen again or is at least a very rare occurrence?

Yep...been there, seen it, done it...chin up :)

I used to work somewhere and had my 'boss' (I was self employed without any of the perks) do my nails.

OHMYGOD nip me? My nails were usually lines with a lovely red scab for several days after her doing them.

I didn't realise this wasn't normal. She used to say to me, 'gosh, you bleed at anything, I didn't even get you then!'

Thank you all for the responses! Gosh i didn't know it was so common. I was brainwashed at college to believe a small nip means the client will be angry and never come back to the salon. Thanks for the helpful responses

Latest posts

Back