Have you ever seen a ghost?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago we rented a big house for a Halloween party. On the last night after everyone had left I was sat in the lounge and saw this old lady walking through the hallway. The weird thing is that I didn't feel scared - I'm the type of person who gets scared very easily normally. My Nan passed away recently and I'm very aware of her presence. She was a smoker and I occasionally catch the smell of nicotine and perfume in the house. I find it very comforting.

I was in the house where we used to live on my own n i could smell someone smoking there was no one about and we had lost Don's mum a few months before who used to smoke im sure it was her coming to check on my daughter

I relate to this I have been alone in my home and smelt an overwhelming smell of aftershave, like when someone sprays it really close to you you feel it in you're throat, vaguely recognised it and when speaking to my nan found out by smelling my great grandads aftershave that it was that exact smell and apparently he wore so much you would always smell him coming.. I have had different experiences like this and I find it very comforting to know people I love dearly are still around x

There was only the two of us in the house, my son and myself, i walked out of a room turning right, you know how your peripheral vision picks up someone to your left, so i bumped right into my son going to the right, lol i said well if your there then who's behind me on the left, it was a shadowed appearance of my dad laughing.
One time i was carrying plates into the kitchen and i felt i was bumping into something, knowing there is never anything there, i lifted the plates up to see what it was, it was my dog who passed away over 20 yrs ago and she brushed passed my leg, she sits beside my leg sometimes when im sitting down.
My gran comes to me in smell, i always know when she's around just by her perfume

Not yet. My mum & dad had a guest house with a lady who was seen in the dining room. You could even see her from outside. I was the only person who could not see her.
This week hubby and me are staying 3 nights at the golden fleece pub in york. The most haunted pub in the most haunted city in england so if i dont i never will :)
Vicki xx

Sent from my LG-D802 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's nice to smell something that people use to wear or do. my gran use to bake a lot so sometimes my mum would come down stairs early in a morning and smell fresh baked bread or bake well tarts. :)

I'm freaked out lol!!
My mums mum passed away when I was 15 months old and my mum said when I got a wee bit older I used to tell her about the nice lady that sat on the end of my bed and spoke to me 😱 I don't remember though!
I remember this but, when I was 10 my grandad died and I didn't want to go to his funeral so the night before it I stayed with my friend. I was lying in bed and had just had a wee cry and saw I waves at the side of the bed, all I can describe them like is heat waves! It was a strange feeling I wasn't scared I felt it was my grandad saying his last goodbye to me!
I actually have just moved into his flat, wish I would see him now :( although i am freaked reading all this lol xx

I have one here now. Don't know who it is tho, I normally know who it is but this has me puzzled. I have a tinkerbell thing hanging in the corner. She started swinging about 20 mins ago, no windows open and no one can walk past it to cause a breeze. Cat is currently sat looking freaked! Just videoed it but won't let me upload. It was bought as a memory when my cat Ella died 4 years ago and yesterday I bought my mum a kitten who she called Ella. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm freaked out lol!!
My mums mum passed away when I was 15 months old and my mum said when I got a wee bit older I used to tell her about the nice lady that sat on the end of my bed and spoke to me 😱 I don't remember though!
I remember this but, when I was 10 my grandad died and I didn't want to go to his funeral so the night before it I stayed with my friend. I was lying in bed and had just had a wee cry and saw I waves at the side of the bed, all I can describe them like is heat waves! It was a strange feeling I wasn't scared I felt it was my grandad saying his last goodbye to me!
I actually have just moved into his flat, wish I would see him now :( although i am freaked reading all this lol xx

My son got this when my dad died, we all saw him in fits of giggles and chatting away to him, he doesn't remember either oh but We Do lol, it was amazing

My daughter when alot younger saw my grandma in her bedroom at my mums. She said she didnt want to be in the room whilst the old lady was there watching n when my mum asked her which old lady she pointed to a pici on the wall of my grandma n grandad and said that old lady.

Then another time my mum was with someone who all of a sudden started talking to someone at the side of her (who wasnt there). Baring in mind this was the first time she had met my mum she was telling her allsorts about home n family and then said it was again my grandma and she confirmed she sometimes goes to my mums n visits us.

I find it all fascinating and ive been on a few ghost hunts myself at some of the local old homes.

On several occasions I saw an old lady walk from my kitchen through the lounge in my previous house. I was never scared or had any bad feelings about it, just a case of 'oh she's here again'.

The tenants who moved in after me had a daughter in the same class as mine, my daughter came home one day asking if I'd ever seen an old lady in the house because her friends mum had been seeing her too in exactly the same place!

Apparently many years ago an elderly widow died alone in the house.

This is the one and only time I have seen anything, and I too would love to know why some spirits stay and others move on...I would do anything to get a glimpse of my dad again but in 13 years I never have.

Have you visited a medium? I'm afraid to but would like to . I think if my mothers spirit was picked up, I'd just want to keep going back for more and really you have to let them go don't you?

Have you visited a medium? I'm afraid to but would like to . I think if my mothers spirit was picked up, I'd just want to keep going back for more and really you have to let them go don't you?

I did last year, first time ever and I was terrified lol. From what the medium was saying it was my nan who came through, and while I could explain and relate to a lot of what she said there was also lots I couldn't. I came away not entirely convinced but hoping it was real, and also desperately sad that I hadn't had contact with dad.

I also went with a friend to a spiritual church once where a medium would pick random people from the audience and give them a message. Each person who was chosen would nod lots and say oh yes that's so and so, well he then chose me, and I can only say that everything he said to me was utter c**p lol

I now not sure I would try again unless I was recommended a specific person who had a good reputation.

I see our team medium often. She's good. She refuses to be part of our day to day lives, won't be on our fb etc so there's no way she could know what she does.
I've had things from my gran who passed a year gone January and she confirmed it was her in my house by telling me what signs I had.
You will find it easier to let go after a reading if you hear from who you need to. But be prepared you don't always get who you want most coming through. My mum has never had my gran but constantly gets an old lady she nursed who caught syphillis in the war and she always sings daisy daisy to her (she couldn't speak but could sing).

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Although just to add, as a reiki practitioner, I take part in regular reiki circles and I once had a very odd experience during one session. It was at a time when I had been struggling with a very difficult decision in my personal life. Anyway it was my turn to receive so was on the treatment couch very relaxed and enjoying the session, when as clear as a bell I heard my dad say "stop trying to control everything". Just that, but it was definitely him. And I felt this total, overwhelming sense of peace and calm. I took his advice and everything has turned out well...so far lol

Mediums are good but if I were you I would go to spiritualist church first. You have to get alot of good feedback off people on mediums they have had. as there is alot of cold readers and fakes out there. And avoid phone and txt psychics i don't believe the people on the other end at all.

Hiya I work night shift in a care home .
Few weeks back I turned around and saw a lady stood behind me just looking at me then disappeared !
We have doors being banged
Alarm bells going off in vacant rooms
Lights being turned on and off
Chairs being moved
Door handles being shaken
The other week we heard a female screaming but all were asleep ?
We had a gentleman pass away few days after his door handle was being used as if someone was trying to get out the room !
We have had objects move whilst in the room
And people walking around in general when all residents are in bed !
It's horrible I hate it it really scares me at the time Xx

Hiya I work night shift in a care home .
Few weeks back I turned around and saw a lady stood behind me just looking at me then disappeared !
We have doors being banged
Alarm bells going off in vacant rooms
Lights being turned on and off
Chairs being moved
Door handles being shaken
The other week we heard a female screaming but all were asleep ?
We had a gentleman pass away few days after his door handle was being used as if someone was trying to get out the room !
We have had objects move whilst in the room
And people walking around in general when all residents are in bed !
It's horrible I hate it it really scares me at the time Xx

That would totally freak me out 😳

That would totally freak me out 😳

I have never shook so much in my life one shift a lady who had not long passed rang her bell ? Fine but we heard. Her ???
But she kept setting the alarm off I wanted to cry and leave Xxx

I have had a few experiences, the very first I remember was when I was six. My great gran had just died and I was lying in bed going to sleep, back to the door. Then I got this feeling of someone else in the room, the hairs on the back of my neck were on end and I turned my head to see my gran poking her head through the door smiling then the leant back and went away, never seen her again after that

But now I see a mans figure in my room every night for a split second as soon as I enter the room then once I walk in further I quickly see in the corner of my eye a figure crouched over. A few friends that stayed over said they woke up during the night to see a man in my mirror. There was once an instance where when I was little the cupboards flew open very violently by themselves, I was with a friend at the time and we couldn’t get out my room fast enough!

My make up gets smeered over walls and door and hand prints appear on my mirror and window but they are far to big to be mines except one tiny hand print I seen once which looked like it belonged to a toddler.
I have had green hand prints on my room and the last one I seen was slightly black with long fingers (creepy to say the least)

My room is In the loft and more than one person has seen a dark figure go up into my room during the night my brother being one and my boyfriend being another. Lights switch on themselves, there is scribbles all over the walls in the hall heading to my room and once we found the same scribbles in the kitchen

One time I fell asleep with earphones in to wake up with them neatly wrapped around my phone and sat on my bedside cabinet

Don’t get me wrong we are creeped out but I do not have a terrible feeling of something evil being there, unless im home alone then the house seems a lot darker

Now and again I see things outside my home like a white flash of a figure in the corner of my eye or whisps of smoke, sometimes I smell smoke or perfume when no one is present and a lot of the time I get feelings or hear things, maybe im haunted haha

Latest posts

Back