Having my colours done

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi All
For my birthday my family have arranged for me to have my colours done by Colour Me Beautiful and have a make up lesson and for her to tell me what style of clothes etc... Very excited as you can imagine!

What I want to know is has anyone else had it done and what to expect. I have spoken to the lady on the phone and she sounded very nice (well you would wouldn't you if soeone was giving a hefty sum for 3 hours work) and she said we would discuss all manner of things but she wasn't terribly specific and I am someone who wants stuff explained in minute detail!

So...Has anyone had it done and was it helpful?

Thanks in advance!

Lx

I had a colour me beutiful consultation about 12 years ago, it has helped me tremedously as i dont waste on buying clothes that dont suit me colour wise, i now know exactly what i can and cant wear... it has also helped me with makeup, back then though colour me beautiful only had 4 catagories spring, summer, autumn, winter. I think since then they have split it even more into warm and cool tones 12 in all, dont quote me on this, nevertheless, i enjoyed my time with her i dont think she took 3 hours because i did not have makeup included, basically she put different coloured scarves across my neck and proceeded to evaluate my skin tone etc... you could really see it working though... if i wear anything with a yellow undertone you can see all my pigment marks, dark circles on my face and i look sick. lol etc etc.. so again i found it helped me alot hth x

Next question - do I go tanned or not? I do wear a tan quite often but not all the time and who knows what I'll be doing in a few years time? This has got to last me forever too! Lol Lx

dont go tanned !! there might be a week when you have no tan on etc etc... let her work with your true colour.... but seriously even when im tanned im still blue toned (undertones) person i cant wear anything with yellow undertones in it, it does not feel right and makes me feel woozy and sick.

I would like to train in this in the future.

dont go tanned !! there might be a week when you have no tan on etc etc... let her work with your true colour.... but seriously even when im tanned im still blue toned (undertones) person i cant wear anything with yellow undertones in it, it does not feel right and makes me feel woozy and sick.
It makes you feel sick? Why?! Look sick I could understand but not feel sick.

I'll let you know what happens Hippy-Chick and I'll make subtle enqiry into how one trains too.

Lx

Latest posts

Back