Having trouble getting acrylic nails to stay on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinapen

Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if any one can help me.
I've just done my acrylic nail diploma and im currently doing my nvq 2.
I am having difficulties on how long the nails are lasting. I am using nsi acrylic system. I am doing all the prep work dehydrating the nail. But for some reason with some people they are coming off in a couple of days.
Any advice? in my opinion the mixture is not dry or wet it forms a bead no powder showing and does not slip off the brush. Im using tips with a small well and some with no well but it is not one or the other its both tips which comes off. Im using primer.
Im so confused and my confidence is dropping.

Are you touching the sidewalls or eponchyium with the l&p? If you are, then you will have lifting which will cause poor adhesion. Also, when you're doing your prep work are you sure that you are removing all of the cuticle on the nail plate? It's amazing how much can be on the nail plate without even really seeing it.

Thank you very much, I will keep an eye out for this and see what happens. Next client tomorrow fingers crossed.

I have experienced similar problems. I can't seem to access the link. It's not all of the fingers just some. Stressed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah same here, its not all the hand its just one or two. But because I am not experienced enough its all learning. But very frustrating. I use my practice hand but they will stay on that forever. Clients lose there confidence in you too, although they do know im still training. Ive still got to master the procedures of manicure and pedicure yet. But wanted to get the acrylics and nail art mastered.

Anything you put on a nail trainer will last because the nail trainer isn't washing up, gardening, ect. If I'm reading this right, both the tips and the product comes off? First, make sure you've got all the cuticle off the nail plate. For first timers and those who haven't had anything on their nails for a while, the cuticle can be pretty far up the nail. Also, make sure the nail tips are on the tip area, not halfway up the nail (which I know can be hard if the client has short nails, but this is when you'd have to customize the tip so that it sits just in the tip area). Putting the tip too far down reduces the amount of nail to l&p contact. They pop off easy as majority of what's bonded to their nails is glue and tips. After you blend the tip and before applying primer and product, make absolutely sure the nail plates are clean, dehydrated, and free of all cuticles, particles, residue, ect. You also want to make sure the primer isn't still wet before applying the l&p. And as Yuzuki mentioned, when you're applying the beads, pat it into place. It shouldn't be a perfect dome when your brush leaves that bead. And make sure you're not getting any product on the cuticles and sidewalls. You're still in training so don't give up yet. Part of getting it right is knowing where you're going wrong so you can troubleshoot the problem yourself. :)

Oh, I also wanted to add, make sure the length of these enhancements are suitable for the client. Those with really short nails, or work with their hands a lot shouldn't really have anything too long.

Thanks Chickafish that sounds like good advice. I thought I was doing those things but will take extra care. I know a few clients that will blatantly ignore the aftercare but being new I feel as though it is still my fault. They are not using gloves to wash up etc. I have felt like I have done a good job but who knows. :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back