HD Brows make up and course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have on numerous occasions over the past week come to blows with hd over their make up course!! So excuse the rant but it has me majorly riled up!

So I've been waiting to do the course since December where at my pro course we were given a 2 hr demo (not what I assumed I was paying for in my pro course) I was also informed that ALL of the branding was changing and that they would like us to replace all of the current branding within 6 months (all paid for by us too). Also at the demo we were shown the new hd brow pencils which are round like every other pencil therefore taking away the unique selling point of the fine angled hair stroke pencil we offer now (which I sell a lot of on that basis).

I also think from looking at the new hd poster girls that the whole look of hd brows is going from totally defined & natural to more block coloured & unkept (abit cara delivine) so does this mean I need to retrain??

Then for all of us that couldn't attend pro beauty were totally left in the dark in my opinion! It was all 'visit us at excel' 'more details to be released at excel' GRRR I can't bloody come to excel!!! So after waiting foreverrrr for the details I called hd straight away and asked for more details to which the exact response was 'we don't have many details we are all abit rusty yet' are they serious??? Oh yes il just give you £3000+vat (not breaking the rules of sg the prices are open on their website) so they want you to part with that amount of money and give away four days of your earning time when they can't give you any details??? So I expressed my anger on the hd collectives group on fb, the same lady called me back to which I expressed my disgust! They said they would send me a curriculum in the post. Said curriculum came...and it probably contains less than 100 words! It's not a curriculum it's a paragraph stating you are going to be a confident & fully qualified Mua trained by celebrity make up artists.

I've always been the first to back hd brows and I truly believe their hd brows course/marketing &'products are fantastic but now they are all about profit! They have piggy backed onto the popularity of hd brows and have bumped up the price. However where's the training feedback that justifies the price? Or the real life users of the products? Yes they have a lot of celebrities raving about the products, however your not telling me they haven't been given a back hander? They also want an additional £2000+vat for the retail products (which you are obviously going to need in order to offer the full service) so if you haven't guessed by this essay I'm disgusted and disheartened in hd and I'm honestly not sure I will ever train or buy from them again. Sad times for all of us hd stylists that have helped make the brand a success!

Phew!!! Rant over x

i've heard of a number of people that the pro course was just a glorified make up lesson (with the added benefit of being shown one new HD Brow technique, how to draw a black outline around the brow) now there's a separate make up course what are they going to teach on the pro course?

i also hate the new images both girls have the same shape brows and in my opinion the blonde girls are too dark. i liked the bombshell poster as it was a huge contrast with the vamp so people who were initially scared of dark HD Brows felt happy trying them.

it bugs me that on the collective they keep telling everyone to soften the brows when their trainers did a ridiculous "scouse" brow on me.

Holy cr*p, I spent a week with Pixiwoo for a fraction of that.

I have just came across these girls videos and am hooked!!!! Can you send me info about their training please?!?! Thanks!!!

I have on numerous occasions over the past week come to blows with hd over their make up course!! So excuse the rant but it has me majorly riled up!

So I've been waiting to do the course since December where at my pro course we were given a 2 hr demo (not what I assumed I was paying for in my pro course) I was also informed that ALL of the branding was changing and that they would like us to replace all of the current branding within 6 months (all paid for by us too). Also at the demo we were shown the new hd brow pencils which are round like every other pencil therefore taking away the unique selling point of the fine angled hair stroke pencil we offer now (which I sell a lot of on that basis).

I also think from looking at the new hd poster girls that the whole look of hd brows is going from totally defined & natural to more block coloured & unkept (abit cara delivine) so does this mean I need to retrain??

Then for all of us that couldn't attend pro beauty were totally left in the dark in my opinion! It was all 'visit us at excel' 'more details to be released at excel' GRRR I can't bloody come to excel!!! So after waiting foreverrrr for the details I called hd straight away and asked for more details to which the exact response was 'we don't have many details we are all abit rusty yet' are they serious??? Oh yes il just give you £3000+vat (not breaking the rules of sg the prices are open on their website) so they want you to part with that amount of money and give away four days of your earning time when they can't give you any details??? So I expressed my anger on the hd collectives group on fb, the same lady called me back to which I expressed my disgust! They said they would send me a curriculum in the post. Said curriculum came...and it probably contains less than 100 words! It's not a curriculum it's a paragraph stating you are going to be a confident & fully qualified Mua trained by celebrity make up artists.

I've always been the first to back hd brows and I truly believe their hd brows course/marketing &'products are fantastic but now they are all about profit! They have piggy backed onto the popularity of hd brows and have bumped up the price. However where's the training feedback that justifies the price? Or the real life users of the products? Yes they have a lot of celebrities raving about the products, however your not telling me they haven't been given a back hander? They also want an additional £2000+vat for the retail products (which you are obviously going to need in order to offer the full service) so if you haven't guessed by this essay I'm disgusted and disheartened in hd and I'm honestly not sure I will ever train or buy from them again. Sad times for all of us hd stylists that have helped make the brand a success!

Phew!!! Rant over x

Wow this has really put me of HD! Tbh the customer service we have received from the start has been dreadful! We were one of the first salons to take on the whole concession (the black draws, and table toper ect) it got delivered by a separate company that came with ONE delivery driver (have you seen the size if those draws!!!) our salon is up stairs, so you can imagine our faces when he arrived. Luckily we are situated next to a barbers, so they very kindly offered to help the guy up the stairs. Not what you expect for a delivery charge of £50! This results with a very scratched set of draws. When we contacted HD there was no apology offered, and there reply was we will send someone out to touch up the scratches! They continually mess up our orders, sending the wrong items or missing them off altogether. When we first went on our training my boss spoke to the distribution manager about all the problems we had encountered, his reply? I will personally send Nilam and myself to your salon to do a demo day. HA!

So now after spending all this money on branding, products ect they're changing all the logo's! I'm really disappointed with them. We're going on the refresher next week so will see what they have to say. Can't believe they are changing the pencils tho?! I'm glad that I've read on here about the pro course before booking on, I certainly don't want to pay for a make up lesson! Xx

Wont they still be doing the other pencil???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wont they still be doing the other pencil???

No I am sure I asked on the thread on the hd collective and they said that it will be the new ones x

Any opinions on the new palettes? X

Id like to know too :)
Personally, I dont think they should have increased the price and I think they/we will sell alot less due to the price increase.

That's my opinion too kinkyboots i'm also a bit peeved about the wax as I've always sold brow beater as an alternative to the benefit palette which comes with a wax (most my clients seem to mention benefit as soon as I talk products) as the wax looks clumpy and horrible and now our palettes come with a wax so its going to hard to sell them brow beater now.

I have just came across these girls videos and am hooked!!!! Can you send me info about their training please?!?! Thanks!!!

Best to contact them through their website or facebook page as I trained with them 4 years ago so their course content and location will have changed a lot by now.

Sorry not trying to be unhelpful but it was a long time ago and I trained in London but I think they now only offer training in Norwich where they live (well worth the visit though).

X

Pls remove wrong thread lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394358847.252800.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394358847.252800.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 217
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394358861.885349.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394358861.885349.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Just been on the refresher course which was great! Only thing I'm slightly disappointed in is that the whole 'concept' of hd brows seems to have changed? It was all about creating a very natural look on the course today. We got to use the new pencils and pallets, which was good, and have a look at all the new make up. The new pallets are nice, not as pigmented and a much nicer range of colours for bombshell, foxy and vamp (I felt the pallets before didn't have THAT much of a difference between them) The pencils however I'm really disappointed with! They're designed so that the client can use them easier at home (I get the pencils we use now are not really client friendly!) but I think they're a must for the treatment! There's not really any more creating hair strokes and sharp etch lines, as they say it's not an achievable look for the client to get themselves at home - which I do understand.

I just feel like the hd brow look that I love so much with the crisp lines ect is no more.

I can (as i'm sure most HD therapists can) adapt the treatment to look natural or defined but 99.9% of clients want structured highly defined brows. if they want natural looking brows they'd just get them waxed.

I really don't know what direction they're going in right now to be honest are all new stylists being trained different now to be more natural and less defined?

misslease Can I ask what other differances if any you found with the new products? X

This is what makes me so mad. HD have completely moved the goal posts! What exactly are people being trained to do now? Does this mean that we all need to retrain? The newest batch of folk going on to train in HD brows are going to do HD brows a completely different way. This will then become how HD brows will be know and what clients will want. Where does this leave us? We will be creating high definition brows defined by hair strokes and finished with powder. When other people are doing something less defined that could be achieved by a simple wax & tint.

HD are so focused on brand protection but how can they protect a brand when no one will be singing from the same hymn sheet?!

Although HD brows has significantly helped my business I will no longer train or use them in the future.

I definitely prefer the more defined look which is personal preference, however i think that even when someone asks for a more natural brow you still want to get that crispness with a very faint etch line and maybe just use hair strokes (if needed) through the brow rather than using the pallet as well. I feel like today the finished look, looked more like when you've finished removing the hair from the brow and are just about to go into design. It just didn't look 'finished' to me.

Theres 2 new pencils in the range. (sorry i cant remember the names) Ones a pencil which you can sharpen (Just a normal pencil, and the sharpeners in the lid which was quite cool) No way will you get this any where near as sharp as the pencils now. The other pencil is one you twist up, you kinda need to roll in on your hand to get it in to a point. This ones more for clients i believe.

I did read on the stylists collection on FB that they will not be teaching new students with these pencils atm (I think we used them because the trainers had just finished the make up course yday and wanted to have a play around with the pencils them selves) But i believe in the next month or so they will introduce the new pencils into training (and all the other new brow bits) so i don't know whether the actual training will now change?

The new pallets now have the wax in (to compete with the Benefit brow pallet which was there biggest competitor) I did prefer these pallets to the ones we have now.

There our some new coloured brow mascara thingies (terrible with names!) I found these gave a nice overall colour to the brow on finishing but came out quite clumpy.

I think that's all in terms of new brow make up. I think i heard something about changing the grow baby grow packaging to a wand instead of the brush as well.

I just feel sorry for the people that bought the whole retail stand recently, now that its all changing!

I too get fed up of the constant changes. The bottles change and you end up with non-matching bottles. The contents change too.
I liked the old 'comfort me' when it was a cream and now it's a liquid.
I trained in 2010 so I thought I would do the refresher course as things have changed.
I was bitterly disappointed. I did one brow all day. Not a pair, just one!
My understanding was that the refresher day was to bring you up to date with the latest techniques and to go over any problems you have. My main problem was/is threading so I really wanted to master that.
Instead, we sat round a table playing 'I went to a HD Brow salon and i bought..............' with everyone having to say an item. I'm 46 not 6!!
The whole day was basically geared to get you to buy more products, I felt.
Last month I had a call from HD telling me about their offer on the pro and master course. I told them I wasn't impressed with the refresher course so I wouldn't do the others. They actually have arranged for me to go back and do the refresher day again for free.
If you are not happy then I suggest you ring them and explain why you are not happy.
The girls are all lovely and they will try to help.
I do feel though that HD Brows should be focusing on what made them such a big brand in the first place. That is what worked and why it is so popular. Bringing in all these changes is going to be detrimental, I feel.

This is my email from HD....

Hey Lauren,
Thank you for your feedback on the Stylist Collective. Although we understand that you maybe a little overwhelmed by our re-brand and the launch of our new range, we can assure you that no drastic changes have occurred to the original HD Brows treatment or training itself.
Your initial HD Brows training is and always will be valid; you do not need to retrain. New stylists will be taught to perform the same treatment, in the same way that you were – you cannot achieve HD Brows without following our signature 7 steps. We simply recommend all stylists to try and return to us for a Refresher every 12 months so that you can keep up with the latest news from the brand as a whole and to ensure that your methods are still in keeping with the brand standards. This is designed to enable you to offer the best possible service to your clients, year on year. Once completed you can also progress your skills, if you wish, by booking on to one of our advanced classes too - these teach you how to make the most of your business with HD Brows and are where you can learn further treatments available as extras to the HD Brows branded service.
The new make up range has been developed so that new and existing stylists can offer the HD Brows treatment competently and professionally to their clients. All of these products compliment the HD Brows treatment itself and everyone will be using the new range for this going forward (we appreciate this may take a few months for stock levels to run out, but as the old range is still in demand from customers, this should not cause problems for you). We have adjusted some elements of the range as per the overwhelming feedback that we have received, such as the pencils (the only major difference though is that you can purchase an automatic pencil if you are not confident with shaping and sharpening – something which many stylists are already very thankful for). You are welcome to become a retail stockist of the full range is you wish (without attending any further training) but you can also retail the “brow collection”, including the new palettes, without any further investment – remaining as it was before, so you won’t be missing out.
Our brand protection is very important to us and we have developed the re-brand in order to do so even more effectively. We have already began launching this in nationwide magazines, such as Elle, so that the public will be well aware of HD Brows new look. All of the new imagery will be available to you via the resource section as before, so that you can keep up to date with these latest developments, and further marketing can be purchased direct from us for a small fee, if necessary.
We see no reason why our new range and re-brand would affect your business in any way but a positive one. We have already seen an influx in consumer support since launching in February and we expect this to occur for all of our trained stylist’s businesses too.
We hope this information has helped to reassure you Lauren, if you have any further queries or concerns please contact us on 0844 801 68 10 and we will be happy to chat with you and help in any way that we can.
Kindest Regards,

Jennie Kindred
Brand Protection Officer
HD Brows
Tel: 0844 801 68 10 ext. 215

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @HDBrowsLegal

wow just went to place an order and realised that the new grow baby grow now costs us double to buy!!! I'm gobsmacked how can they justify that?

wow just went to place an order and realised that the new grow baby grow now costs us double to buy!!! I'm gobsmacked how can they justify that?

Surely not?? 😯

Latest posts

Back