HD Brows make up and course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
So all hd brow stylists are probably aware of the new make up and course. So what are your thoughts?

I think the price is ridiculous to be honest and i'm annoyed that it looks like we now can't buy the usual products like blusher and bronzer.

I know some of my clients will be interested in the products but not the majority of them. Also i don't think those of us already trained in make up should have to train again just to use products, mac, art deco etc dont ask us to that.

Anyway thats my 2p worth what does everyone else think? X

Agree. The price is absolutely outrageous!

totally agree, would rather use that money to buy a whole new kit! or a luxury holiday haha x

It's a shame really it seems the hd brows stylists have been forgotten in the quest to make more money. The school of makeup in Manchester have great courses the 28 week course is no where near that cost and your learn hair too. Also a good makeup artist will use different products in their kit not all one brand. I did see they were going into Selfridges which may explain the ridiculous costs.

I would definitely look to get a mixture of products elsewhere. It is not necessary to spend obscene amounts of money with a company like that.

There are so many other amazing products out there that will be a bit more friendly on your pocket!

Best wishes x

I've been doing hd's for 2 years and used to rave about how great the company was but lately I've been really disappointed its constant money grabbing on their part. The fact they do deals on products on there web shop that we can't match as they don't do us a discount, in fact the fact they have a web shop bothers me they should just have a list of suppliers eg us!

The new courses annoyed me a lot too as it was explained to me that the initial hd course doesn't cover everything now so they've added these extra courses to include mens brows etc but i was trained in this on my course so to pay such a huge amount to train in the same thing seems unfair.

stupid thing is i probably will do the course just so i can call myself a master grrrr.

Im confused as to why hd dont advertise the "offer" in the closed HD Brow therapists page.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So all hd brow stylists are probably aware of the new make up and course. So what are your thoughts?

I think the price is ridiculous to be honest and i'm annoyed that it looks like we now can't buy the usual products like blusher and bronzer.

I know some of my clients will be interested in the products but not the majority of them. Also i don't think those of us already trained in make up should have to train again just to use products, mac, art deco etc dont ask us to that.

Anyway thats my 2p worth what does everyone else think? X

I didn't realise we wouldn't be able to buy the blusher/bronzer now - that's a shame as I love the blusher.

Def not gonna invest in the course/kit though. HD do seem a little money grabbing these days...even in the training, a large part of it was retailing their products which yes may make us a little extra money, but essentially it makes them the most money.

My clients would laugh at me if I "touched up" their bronzer/blusher and applied eyeshadow after I've done their HD Brow's. Some of them find it difficult to sit there for the time it takes to do HD Brows anyway!

How much are we talking for the make up course?

I didn't realise we wouldn't be able to buy the blusher/bronzer now - that's a shame as I love the blusher.

Def not gonna invest in the course/kit though. HD do seem a little money grabbing these days...even in the training, a large part of it was retailing their products which yes may make us a little extra money, but essentially it makes them the most money.

My clients would laugh at me if I "touched up" their bronzer/blusher and applied eyeshadow after I've done their HD Brow's. Some of them find it difficult to sit there for the time it takes to do HD Brows anyway!

What about all those that bought the retail stands? Surely we should be able to retail the items we have always had! The stands are expensive

What about all those that bought the retail stands? Surely we should be able to retail the items we have always had! The stands are expensive

Yeh that's true - I don't really see how they can't let us buy the stuff we always had - esp for those who have the retail stands. Would be pretty mean of them not to.

Yeh that's true - I don't really see how they can't let us buy the stuff we always had - esp for those who have the retail stands. Would be pretty mean of them not to.

Especially as we have already paid thousands into a brand. I tried to ask in the collective page but my post wasn't approved! It annoys me when your freedom of speech is removed

Where did you guys here we werent allowed to buy the make-up anymore?

I asked if we were already makeup trained if we had to do the course and was told no if were already a MUA we don't need to do the course #confused

Where did you guys here we werent allowed to buy the make-up anymore?

I asked them about it and was told its going to be different with the new make up range. Now I might've been jumping the gun as they didn't explain what different was. But I asked them twice on the group if we could still buy blushers etc and didn't get an answer other than we'll get someone to call you, i assume if the answer was yes they'd have just said yes x

The course is from 3k plus vat :Scared:

And how long is the course? Sounds like an absolute rip off to me. Especially with it being a new thing, it's not highly regarded so you can't justify that sort of money!

I spoke to the earlier and was told for the time being we can continue to order everything as usual. She said she would send details of stockist prices and they were not sure what the thing is in regard to buying individual items yet and the makeup wouldn't be in til spring it's all still a bit vague

If they dont let us retail there products they will be loosing out in the long run surely? Can't imagine many spending £3k on a makeup course!

I totally agree with all your comments. I nearly fell off my seat when I saw the price of the makeup course. And yes when I did my training the refresher course was not included in the cost, yet now everyone who trains gets their's free!

Latest posts

Back