HD Brows - The 7 steps revealed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Jenny~

Reaction score
Apart from filling in clients brows with pencil or powder its the same approach and 'growing brows back' advice that I and probably lots of others already do.

Interesting use of marketing and branding.

Jacqui xx

Mmmm, very good way of reinventing the wheel! I think most therapists carry out the same procedure anyway :)

I'd have said so. Similar procedure to most folks.

I think from the models they're really heavy handed with the dark tints! I'm all for a good brow, but some of them look a little bit heavy with colour and size in my opinion. I like to think I give a defined effect, but....well..... personal preference I guess!

I think I need a package on my treatment list!

Interesting. Some of those celebs and models looked fab with their HD Brows but some of them looked plain rediculous - I couldn't see anything else but these mad over-sized and over-tinted brows on some pmsl!:rolleyes:

Do you think the tint is one of the normal ones we all have access to?

Jacqui xx

Interesting to watch but isn't that what most of us do anyway! Clever marketing has made this successful. Personally I thought some of the brows were very dark and heavy for the skin tones and eye shapes. A friend of mine paid £35 to have official HD brows and when she cleansed that night she was left with the same brow tint and shape that I would normally do for her! The tint lasted about 3 weeks.Not sure if it's the same tint as we would normally use.

Interesting. Some of those celebs and models looked fab with their HD Brows but some of them looked plain rediculous - I couldn't see anything else but these mad over-sized and over-tinted brows on some pmsl!:rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts, I was starting to wonder if I'm a bit conservative with my clients' brows! I am, but I suppose I have a fairly conservative clientele. If you're under lights and wearing a lot of makeup regularly I suppose a bolder look may be better.

Absolutely no better from what I offer my clients already. Indeed I use hot wax (if any at all) which is arguably less traumatic to the delicate eye area. And what was she doing not getting the client to stretch the skin when threading under the brow!
Clever marketing - no more, no less!

Does anyone know if them scissors are designed specifically for hd brows or can I get them from the wholesalers? I really like how precise they look. xx

Is there any need to wax and thread and pluck? Surely 2 of these would be more than enough. If someone was to come in for an ebs anyway 9/10 have them done regularly so won't need masses and masses doing? The tint looks awful, too dark and thick. Less is more definitely! Is anyone else just not impressed? x

Hi Pinkbunny,

I had HD brows done recently by Jill Carter Lee Stronge's hair and Beauty in Dunfermline and as really impressed with them. Everyone has commented on them. Initally they were a little dark I am very blonde but settled down I am extremely pleased with them and would have them done again.

Is there any need to wax and thread and pluck? Surely 2 of these would be more than enough. If someone was to come in for an ebs anyway 9/10 have them done regularly so won't need masses and masses doing? The tint looks awful, too dark and thick. Less is more definitely! Is anyone else just not impressed? x

They were nearly all young models with dark hair, or 'blonde' with unfeasibly dark brows! No, I wasn't impressed.

Let's just say that my customers are happy with the service that I give. Maybe because I'm not charging £35!

To be honest, I am not sure I understand what all the hype is regarding HD brows. I watched this video and was left thinking, 'but I can achieve that with less fuss, in half the time and at a much lesser cost to the client :rolleyes:.

When doing bridal makeup or giving makeup lessons, I fill in the eyebrows using brow powders, which is no different to what they were doing on the video.

I had a client come to me, who had been out celebrating, and after spending the night with her mates at a friends house, woke up to find the guys had shaved all the girls eyebrows off :eek:.

Battling to grow them out, she came to me and with some waxing, tinting and reshaping, she was absolutely delighted with the result after just one treatment which only cost her £14.

Only wish I had remembered to take before and after photos.

Hi Pinkbunny,

I had HD brows done recently by Jill Carter Lee Stronge's hair and Beauty in Dunfermline and as really impressed with them. Everyone has commented on them. Initally they were a little dark I am very blonde but settled down I am extremely pleased with them and would have them done again.

Well it's certainly good to know they work for some, thank you for your comment :)

Personally though I think it's a bit too fussy for my liking. I like simplicity and I think others would agree that the majority of clients do too.
x

I do think there is a distinct smell of Emperor's New Clothes about it all.

Up until now I wasn't too sure what HD brows are but after watching this video I can see that this is what most beauty therapist would do when trying to do a good brow job. Some of the brows in the video were really good.

I do think there is a distinct smell of Emperor's New Clothes about it all.

Lol sorry if I offend anyone but I agree, it seems a real faff, the girls made a lovely job but its a bit overkill all the steps & some people won't manage the upkeep in-between 

I've always said that anyone can do these brows. What you can't do is afford the advertising.
It's very well marketed and it's a great brand. I was sceptical as well and thought the course was a lot of money. I did do the course though and was amazed at the calls that I got. Most of these are new clients so hopefully you can get them to have other treatments. Yes it is all about marketing but it is fab marketing!

Latest posts

Back